cct and 2001
I have now realized that there is no way around getting a Busa. I am not too worried about the 300 km/h limit (come on - I am living in Singapore now), but would like to know if the 2001 model have had the cct changed or if should insist on having it changed before accepting it. Does anybody know ?

Looking forward to wrestling that thing (used to ride Blackbird - guess I'm in for a change).

Bested
Hey Bested

I visit Singapore every now and then for work. I noticed that there are quite a few big bikes over there ( even spotted a couple of busas ) however I noticed they all appear completly stock ( no aftermarket exhausts etc ). Is this due to strict laws :*) ????

Anyhow I believe the 2001 busa will have the new cct. If not then the dealer should have fitted it before you pick up the bike. Anyone disagree with this ?

Oh by the way. I used to ride a blackbird as well.
I too would assume the 2001 model has the correct tensioner. I would also assume that if he sells you a 2000 model, then he would ensure the correct tensioner is fitted. In both cases, it can't hurt to check, and insist.

I presume there is no way to easily identify for yourself if the CCT has been done, without lifting the tank? Anyone?
since the issue of the saftey recall (cct) notification no new busas would have been sold without the recall being done prior to delivery to a purchaser, even if the bike was sitting on a dealers floor,,

the 2000 model shipment already in australia at suzuki was held there till suzuki was bale to do the cct upgrade,,

subsequent shipments were held back at the factory in japan so that they could be upgraded there before shipping,,

the 2001 model will have the new cct already and a steel subframe,,

Hey Crash4

I don't believe that original exhaust etc is due to strict law (considering the annoying habit of 2-stroke freaks - punch a hole in the exhaust to make it louder - what's wrong with these kids ??). Actually, you get a few bikes with all the whole gear - but you are right, is a minority.

How does the Busa compare to the Blackbird (I bought when only the carb version was available) ? I liked the BB's ability to pillion (when you had to :-))
I think the bus is a BASTARD to take a pillion on, then again, my pillions probably don't look a lot like the ones you guys tend to have.

Once the recall has been done, the bike gets a tiny sticker with 'recall 3' written on it on the right hand fork just below the dashboard(??). Ask a dealer (other than the one you are buying off) if this sticker appears on new models.

HEIDI xxx
I'd be interested to hear why you think it's a bastard with a pillion. It's a little different, sure. But I think calling it a bastard is a bit rough. And I've had pillions say it's far more comfortable than the ZZR1100 was.
My pillions tend to weigh around the 100 kilo mark which makes it a little tricky to keep the front down under any kind of acceleration. They also tend to be taller which I find makes the bike feel weird, and (being boys) they can't help themselves and have to keep sticking their face around my shoulder to see if we are doing 300kms/hr yet. Has anyone else noticed this tends to make the bike turn a little? I also find every time I change gears I wear their knees as earings.

My last bike was a Bandit 1200 and it was a dream to pillion on I just find I have to be too careful on the bus for it to be enjoyable. Talk to Richard or Gary though, they seems to have no trouble (but they have exceptional pillions).

HEIDI xxx
No problems here with pillions on the Busa. I do carry a very light pillion though. I did put my brother-in-law on the back once. Never again I'm trying to lean into a right hander, he leans left and the bike decides to try and go straight

Bested - I found the Blackbird slightly easier to carry a pillion, probably because the bird gave me less feedback so I didn't notice the difference as much as the busa when carrying a pillion. She said the busa has less legroom, however she prefers the busa. Go figure....
My bird was the carby version. Hated the flatspot however learned to live with it. The busa gives more feedback and so for me is easier to ride hard. As for the looks......

deemester - There is a tiny gap between the tank and chassis where you can peer through and see if the new cct has been fitted. Just look for the oil line running to the cct. It is hard to spot though so if you're not sure what to look for then lift the tank (four bolts).
Heidi - I had a bandit 1200 as a loan bike for one day - although I didn't take a pillion, I could certainly envisage that the dramatic difference in position makes it an easier bike to take someone on. But, as you say, I have no trouble taking a regular pillion on the Busa. A brother-in-law may be a different kettle of fish, though
Can anyone give me the suzuki australia's email address, I feel it is time for a friendly chat as I have had all recalls done and I am still having trouble. I don't appreciate buying a bike that is not safe or reliable to ride. I am not into sitting my bike in the shed!!!!!
Start Here:

Suzuki Australia Pty. Limited
Tel: (03)9931 0500
www.suzuki.com.au
info@suzuki.com.au Edited by: busababy at: 1/2/01 4:07:50 pm
Whos your dealer busdriver? I think maybe they are not doing enough to keep you riding happy.