What a day! in Melbourne
Well what a great day we all had today. 17 Busas showed up as well as 2 TL's at Maccas. The weather was just perfect and the route picturesque. The stop at Poweltowns afforded us the beauty of the area. Noogee pub, not that the food was great but the location fantastic, bikes from everywhere showed up there. Returning on the freeway what a sight to see 17 Busas roaring past the traffic and we were only doing around 120-140. We met another busa at cafe racer who went to the wrong pub in Noogee, so would have been 18.

Great day and great company, those who didnt bother....you missed out, but there will always be other ride days.
You had to post that 3 seconds before me, didn't you.

Content Moved from another thread

In glorious weather, we arrived at the designated meeting point. 17 Busas, (2 others), and with pillions, 24 people (I think). The pace to Powelltown was moderate, generally keeping under 150. We just dominated the road, spreading across all lanes at the traffic lights. Even the Maserati was not going to take us on. At Powelltown, we waved goodbye to two, and continued on wet roads to Noojee. A couple of tintops in the twisties encouraged us to keep the speeds safe... Stuart and his wife (partner? sorry, not sure) were waiting - pity they were at the wrong pub and didn't catch up with us till hours later when we had returned to Melbourne...

Lunch was served over a period of an hour and a half as the kitchen struggled with the size of the group.

The return saw some greater speeds, with a couple of 220km/h + bursts on the freeway. Gradually, the group dwindled as some went their own way, peeling off to return to their abodes. Nine Busas came together for coffee at Cafe Racer.

One minor mishap with a bike dropped in the gravel car park - hope there is not too much damage from that one. No tickets.

Thanks, Volvi, great route! Edited by demeester  at: 8/7/00 4:29:58 pm
SUNDAY ride has to be deemed a success and what a day and like you said volvi what a sight a good time by all sorry i had to go home frome nojee but a great day none the less
TLR BILL
congrats to all involved i know how hard it can be to get people in the same place same time to get 17-18 is a great effort and would have made an awesome sight again well done to the victorian busa riders.
we have our next ride on the 20th would love to see 10 bikes so far weve had 4-6-5 so 10 would be good
martyn
I thought I would just comment on what a brilliant
turn out we had yesterday. I feel this was due to such perfect weather conditions

THAT MEANS WE CAN EXPECT 25 PLUS IN SUMMER!!!!!
You mean Darren, it had nothing to do with the sight of all those Busas going down the highway or the lovely steak sandwich or more importantly, the pleasant company you had??? *LOL*
Gazza the sight of all those busas was AWESOME
company FANTASTIC steak sandwich COLD
I hope this has the thumbs up sign posted.I had a great time and look forward to the next ride with even more starships.
Great day my first and loved it more sundays are the go sitting at the lights with a couple of thousand horse power rumbling away what a buzzzzzzz thanks to all involved. pity about the cold steak sangers beer was ok .
Some poor images from the day - sorry the quality is down.

Wondering if there are any more pics.

I presume that Jamie will post some of his when the film is developed. I expect the quality to be somewhat up on these, given his excellent track record.