My K1200S test ride, recent comparo's sparked my interest
Very nice, could get used to the 'comfort' ESA setting to save my nutz, new with GPS, panniers & ESA ~$34k on-road.

Stronger than my Bus in the 4k-7k rpms, I have GI-PRo ATRE & RS3 slip-ons & run PULP.

I am convinced now need to get even my factory ECU FI properly fuel mapped for my slight mods as the torque/power curve has Bus ahead of K1200 everywhere...just didn't feel like it back to back. Note I didn't rev either out - on public roads and more interested in mid-range performance.

I'm in Canberra - where should I go to get this sorted - closest recommed seems to be 'Col @ 10/10ths' from what I read here.

Servo assisted brakes absolutely no probs, not as bad as my old man's R1150RT and the back brake is no longer linked to front, just front brings on back, load sensing etc. Never get used to paddle indicators tho'.

I'm far more a fan of the Bus in terms of the style, but wouldn't say no to a new K at all!
Mark
Canberra's Best Silver/Black K5!
Hey Markus,
I did the comparo ride as well. I just can't see over $10k extra offered by the Beemer. The Bus rules anyway. faster, less sensitive brakes but that is fixable with gear from Ray at Easiridersimports.

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
Mark mate give jake from jakes performance a ring. he is int mitchel and has a dyno etc he isnt a bike tuner but he tunes alot of really really tuff turbo cars, he also runs a turbo dragbike. he was the guy i was going to get to tune my busa when i got the turbo before i sold it give him a ring he knows his efi on anything and he knows his fast vehicles only guy in canberra id trust to tune my car/bike M109R for sale PM me for a good time oops i mean deal
my bike is pc3 mapped for my 4into1 and airbox.Last night i trialled a tre on my bike and found the following.The snatch from off/on throttle was 50% better and more consisitent for each gear.A big plus in my book.I also found the exhaust was quite a bit louder at cruising speed,and idle strangely enough.This is a negative for me.The torque curve in the mid range felt weaker as well.This is all without fuel mapping the tre with its new advance curve leaning my air fuel out and worsening performance in my case of an already mapped fuel curve for my modded bike.From experience i also know leaner mixture means a louder exhaust.So for me i will get the bike air fuel checked before and after the tre and decide whether i can regain my midrange,quieten the exhaust and enjoy a less snatchy throttle in 1st and second gears.As faster says if you are not going to fuel map for the tre or atre or whatever don,t fit it. Glenn the Spa Man
Did the same, ended up buying a good used one for 23K no regrets, it's a fantastic bike

Might have got an updated busa had it been available...............but.... don't count on Suzuki bringing one out before the new ice age

G'day Rev, its been a while since I saw you .... must get up to Cleo's one day.

I too tried the K1200s. I was in Perth recently for Red Bull Air Races, and my bro let me use of his new toy, great fun, and mid range was better than Bus like you guys said .... But I have to say that I couldnt go past another Busa!!!! Bring on a new one !!!

I hadnt ridden since my accident (18 months ago now), but it was like never got off ... just nervous watching other cars pulling out, and takin fast sweeping corners. Also jumped on a new Yamaha FZ1 naked bike yesterday - that was awesome with pipe fitted!

Well, BMW or Suzuki ... mmmnnnnn .... still young .... BUSA RULES

Cheers, Peter
Great to see you on the board again Peter. It's like falling off a log mate, you just get back on it, that is if you like getting on logs!

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
G'day aero...Red Bull air races...that's where they had all the a/c parked in town next to the river at the old original landing field

Some hairy looking flying there
Rev, I think its called Langly Park or something like that where they land all the planes behind the city. It would have been like standing in Melbourne Collins St (Perth also slightly risen) and hearing and seeing the planes take off on Flinders St for example. Awesome as they go so close to buildings, and take-off almost vertical (coz they can!!!!) before levelling out for aero's! Most did a loop on take-off or knife-edge t/o just to show crowd their markings on aircraft wings

Stayed on Terrace Rd at motel. Walked out front door and looking at piano keys of threshold of runway from second floor! Was awesome... but booked 4 months in advance. Will hire a motorbike next time to get around, tho crowds were fantastic even at 340,000! maybe an hour wait at most anywhere! .... beers always quick at pubs tho... they made a killing!

Defintely getting bike there next time, or buzz around on Scooters. Red bull had them everywhere for crew - rode anywhere - as long as responsible :)