Thanx Kawa and Panic.....
On Monday morning Mrs Ruffy and I set out for a week exploring the south coast and southern highlands - we had just fuelled up at the local BP and were heading down the on ramp to the M7 when trouble struck :aer

As i accelerated even slightly it became clear that we had a clutch problem (slipping badly). I tried to continue but we were flat out doing 40k's downhill and the peakhour semi's scream along well over the 110 speed limit :ac2 was getting unsafe.

I pulled into the emergency bay muttering darkly and got on the blower to Kawa and pan who both tried to help us out as much as they could - in the end a :ccopbike passing the other way alerted the RTA and they arrived with a tow truck's number who arrived 25 mins later.

Loaded the busa up and took her to Col Linney, who dropped what he was doing and got stuck into fixing it whilst we went to the morning movie (:athu speedzalot he was working on your bus!)

Turns out the clutch ressie shat itself internally and the whole thing could have got messy if it had happened in the hills between Cooma and Tumut.

So we got another ressie off Col's drag bike and I got him to throw a welded clutch in while he was there, new plates and flushed the engine oil in case some of the brake fluid leaked into the engine.

3 hours later we were on our way - hooray :a)

Towtruck $ 150
Col $ 670

Tackling the snowys with a welded clutch - priceless!

Mrs Ruffy thinks it's sooooo funny - wait till she sees the bill

Cheers Ruffy
I like the look of Mrs Ruffy! She looks like a girl who knows how to enjoy herself!

HEIDI xxx
Glad to see it all worked out for you mate, Cole told me what happened and why he was running behind. It was good really as I got to see my bikes dyno run’s.

I had my clutch welded also and it’s surprising how good it is, fact is it should be this way from the factory as it’s so much smoother.

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!
Dude, what's with the blue helmets?
I thought we had an understanding...!

"sometimes crime does pay"
The fickle finger of cheese strikes again

Sounds a bit weird all the same

Usually if the reservoir master cylinder fails with total fluid loss (which I haven't heard of) the clutch will be permanently engaged & unlikely to slip.

If the slave cylinder failed same again except if the clutch push rod was jamming or not fully returning causing a slip.

Glad all is well now

Wouldn't happen on a Beemer

If it did you just call dial-a-flunky
Does she ever Heidi - the busa is called "Ruffred" after her fondness for the grapes, it had nothing to do with the colour of the bike let me tell you

As for the lids - well, I'm hoping that santa has two large red spheres in his sack this year

See you tuesday Pan - want to meet up at rosehill and then head off to penriff?

Ruffy
Nah Ruffy, it'll just delay the trip to meet at Maccas for me as I'm coming from the Redfern office and will be on the M4... I knock off at 6pm, and with traffic I'll be lucky to get there at 7pm as it is!

Save me a spot at Penrith though...
"sometimes crime does pay"