Suzuki warranty worth SHIT
That'd be right the old dunger still flying, the new dunger
looking for a wood duck on eBay
Hi everybody,

It's interesting to observe, in New Zealand the rear subframes were all replaced under warranty, I know the bloke who changed most of them. When I came here I was told by Suzuki NZ to be wary of Suzuki Australia. I think it is the dog eat dog society that seems to be evolving. At least we are all supporting our fellow rider.

As was mentioned above, the achilles heel was 2nd gear, hesitation in shifting between 5th and 6th is cured with a hefty boot and miles. I have a 2000 model, purchased at 18000km, that now has 40000km on it and the 5th/6th change issue is gone.

I also find that if you are doing a quick 4th/5th/6th change, stay a few seconds longer in 5th, also makes a difference. The gearbox is similar to my old RF900, made by Massey Fergusson and pretty much bulletproof.
Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Member of the SHAG group.
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!
Had a long conversation with an ex-Consumer Affairs operative today (on an unrelated issue).

She suggested that what could make Consumer Affairs more 'interested' in our warranty winges is proof that Suzuki Australia has a corporate policy to avoid its warranty responsibilities. Otherwise, all they see is a one-off complaint and it carries one-off weight.

As is very evident from reading this and other topics, they routinely delay, deny and ignore clients legitimate warranty claims. They've learned to dig their heels in until some form of legal action is threatened - I guess they figure that enough of the 'problem customers' just go away because they cant afford to sue and they don't know what their options are. They play the odds. If they feel enough legal pressure they cave in, but you get hit with an unexpected bill. Meanwhile, you've been waiting months without a bike.

Seems theres a font of good information here - on various pages the same story over and over again. Different issues maybe, but Suzuki's prescription for all of them is the same.

Next time someone has a problem with Suzuki, try informing them that you have enough documented evidence to prove to Consumer Affairs that Suzuki routinely ignores legitimate warranty claims.

If that don't work, when you file your complaint add references to all the other Consumer Affairs actions mentioned on these pages (hang on to your Reference Numbers people !!). If everyone does it every time, that list of references is going to get very very long and Consumer Affairs may see fit to issue a writ against them.

The writ forces them to submit every rejected or disputed warranty claim to Consumer Affairs within 7 days for review. They only get 7 days to assess the damage and make a decision. Then they have to submit the rejections or disputes to Consumer Affairs within 7 more days. Hey, beats months eh ?

So, for all you people who have already been through the mill, go find your CA complaint reference numbers - they're worth gold to other members.

Just my 2 cents worth.

The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
Suzuki don`t sound any different than Holden with there gen. 3 engine .Pay 40 grand for ute with oval bores and loose noisey pistons ,thay said it had to be using 1L. of oil every 1000 Ks before thayed fix it .
Just as a matter of interest, when we do a Hayabusa engine for use in a road race sportscar we shim the transmission to make it more user friendly. It's a bit of work but makes a difference when the thing has to be thrashed non-stop lap after lap.
The box from the factory is good but can be set-up better.

Greig
MPE
www.mperacingonline.com