EBC Brake warning!
I knew I was close to the time to change brake pads, but when metallic noise came from the front and scoring the rotor, I thought bloody hell sooner than I expected. Ridng the bike using back brake only I limped over to Brighton Bikes and Bits Nepean Hgwy for the Bendix pads that I intended to change too.

When removing the front EBC HH pads a suprising shock was revealed to all, namely that whilst there was still some meat on the pads, the RIVET that bonded the pad to its backplate was exposed and causing the metal grind and scoring of the rotor. The experienced mechanic doing the job said hes never seen that before. The exposed rivet was only protruding on one half of one pad, nowhere else was it exposed even with even ware. Obviously a manufacturing flaw. So as far as Im concerned f*** EBC's I wont ever have a bar of them again.

The Bendix pads which by the way use no rivets come highly recommended and over at the org. one saying they even have better stopping power than ebc. So changed front and back (back was still OEM @ 48k), bled and fresh Motul. Did clutch fluid at same time too. Little window came out clean with use of air hose.

Paid $250.-
Front pads; Bendix MRR186 FA188 @ $60 x 2
Back pads; Bendix MR56 FA63 @ $35 x 1
Motul RBF 600 @ $18
Labour $77
All at discounted prices.

Gotta hate the labour content, I usually change pads myself but didnt want to bleed on my own and without one of those gizmos to suck the liquid. Anyone know where one can get those brake bleeding gizmos will need for next bleed to do myself?

End Report. <i></i>
You dont need a Gizmo to bleed brakes, just another person and its as simple as........ <i></i>
Bring on the new model.
Sound like a classic case of the cheese coming away from the crust. Wouldn't have though that rivots were required though...:"> <i></i>
If you're just changing pads, you don't need a gizmo but if your calipers have been drained & your lines are empty like when you go to braided, you'll need to dig out that gizmo <i></i>