Are we to politically correct or just over sensitive?
I have heard that comparison.You probably also know that there is not one case of anyone committing violence in Australia in a burka which is termed wrongly apparently its a niqab.
And that the percentage of people who wear it is tiny.
Although if you read the papers you would think it's an invasion.

Personally I feel confronted when I see someone in a nqab too, but what is the real reason for asking for it to be banned when there has been no violence or terror threat from anyone wearing one.
I bumped into this on the news and was surprised how normal this woman acted and even her English was good too.
All I am saying is lets not get carried away and look at things for what they are.
here's the story. It opened my eyes a little.
I don't know any Muslims but see quite a few living in Broadmeadows.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-20/sy...ab/5827692
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
I agree with it being outrageously vilified. I think it really stared over that current affair bit about a silly woman screaming racism at a cop that was just trying to do his job... Properly identify her as the person on the licence. If I remember, the short story, they took the cop to court and didn't turn up.
When you get pulled over by the police the first thing they do is ask for your licence. Now this must be taken out of any wallet/case so that they know it has not been doctored, then they look at you, and it ain't a glance lol. They have the right to ask you to remove any thing that hides your face, glasses, hats, etc.. You have the right to say no and accompany them to the police station.

Maybe that fear you talk about is just your cultural upbringing, not racism? We learned as kids that anyone hiding their face is a bady. I even give those wearing hoodies up over their head a second glance too... Mmmmmm maybe I an anti-youth? Is there an ism for that lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
are ya happy now?
U set Ray off again in the Islam thread.
lol
Fun fun fun

Listen I think discussion and sharing thoughts is good. There is tension out there and some of it justified with terrorism etc. There is no use bottling this stuff up, better to discuss civilly and share ideas concerns. As you mentioned previously I think it's pretty good that we are talking about it with some humour and respecting each others thoughts.

PS You might think I'm a lefty and I may have views slanted in that direction but all my family are right wing, my parents were right wing too so I do see both sides although some things I don't agree with it. (right wing is too harsh but u understand what I mean)
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here