Pakistan Leathers
The leather is normally not the issue unless your dealing with HIGH wearing like saddles... BUT as mentioned the quality of stitching is very important. I personally don't care about where leather was from or garment made as long as min double titched with descent grade thread to resist abrasion.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(01-08-2013, 11:17am)Batfink Wrote: The leather is normally not the issue unless your dealing with HIGH wearing like saddles... BUT as mentioned the quality of stitching is very important. I personally don't care about where leather was from or garment made as long as min double titched with descent grade thread to resist abrasion.

I think it is more about gear from some reputable maker like Alpinestars, Dainese, Arlen Ness etc. than where they are actually manufactured as some people pointed that most of the even top brands are made in China or Taiwan. If it is not a known brand there could be more of safety/protection issues than just type of stiching.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I would buy leathers made from Pakistanis.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(02-08-2013, 04:10pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: I would buy leathers made from Pakistanis.

Do you think they are tougher than the kangaroos?Lol2
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Well we will have to put both in a ring and see...loser gets turned into a pair of pants lol!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Just got a s/h pair of Rjays one piece leathers.Off eBay.They are made in Pakistan.Double stitched.afew marks.$183.00.Bloody bargin.Thanks to doug for sending them down with the rack from brissy.Lucky it wasn't far from his place.Good to have a good win sometimes.They fit bloody perfect.     Bloody iPads.Picture ass about.lol
Nice pick-up grantxr6t. I'm now looking at the second hand option more so than the Pakistan option. Expecting to be able to get quality for less even if a little worn and smelly. They will be for the track anyway so better that way.

I suspect the non-brand Pakistan leathers are still good leather and stitching. Not so sure about the design and inclusion of padding and armour being as good.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle