Forum running slow and crashing
I have been advised by Dj to get rid of some of the old threads as they could be the cause of the web running slow and crashing , So some threads will be archived and some like the endless sentance will be deleted .
Please feel free to start up a new thread if one you like is deleted
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
It was a last resort as we have tried everything else. The database having to churn through 400 pages of posts for example could have been an issue.
Sorry to those who are upset by this but we really had no choice.

Hope it helps.
Any feedback would be good too on speed etc. It already seems faster to me but it might be the placebo effect.
Pete / Rod,
What about old photos ??. For example, I currently have 100Mb of photos in the system somewhere, and thats just me (surely others have more). Should I be deleting them as they get a bit long in the tooth or what ??
running slow.....crashing.....couldn't be a Busa forum Lol2

have you run a debug, checked the server load reports, Are you running Javascripts in the header templates and are they functioning correctley ie; not returning a 404? Are you getting ANY error codes? What's the throughput of the hosting service like? what's the bandwidth doing?

It's all data, it's all accessible..... and it all leaves clues and gives answers.

The amount of data on the server is irrelevent, as a web browser does not call up every single page and the server doesn't need to cache or search every single page....unless the instruction is to do that obviously.

Slow page loads and crashing are usually a scripting or compatability issue. I've been getting both page load and database errors for months.

Could be something worth investigating further.

We have spoken with the host a few times and they have been no help. They just say the load is high.
We have disabled and removed all unused plugins/scripts.
Played with gzip compression settings.
Made tweaks recommended by MyBB for large forums.
I know MyBB fairly well these days and nothing I can rally see that would be causing the issues.
My view was that on these large 200 to 500 page threads they take sometimes 30 to 40 seconds to load compared to say a thread with 10 or 20 pages which loads instantly. Thats why we have cut them back.
But feel free to have a go Bikerboy. Work it out with Rod.
Im sure he will be happy to allow you to check out the backend.
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=20636&pid=286565&debug=1
Sounds like you've got it all sorted with MyBB DJ. Not much can really be done other than what you have already.
From what you've mentioned so far, I think the server logs are the only way forward. They'll at least show exactly what the problem is,
however depending on the host.........that data may not be accessible?

If I'm able to help try to sort it out, the offer is there, but I certainly don't want to step on your toes or anything DJ as you do
a great job with everything on the forum.
Dale old photos should not be a problem and they are part of history i will do everything to save Pi_thumbsup

Sent you a pm Paul

Thanks Dj for all your help Trophy
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
The logs are there but you need to catch it when it crashes and then go through the logs. Its just a standard cpanel so all info there. No toes stepped on here.
Happy another set of eyes have a look.