Gettin old
Still suggest the bar end weights make a big difference to your hands, fingers and wrists.
Have a look at www.manicsalamander.com that's where I got mine and there's a bit of info there and on the net.
(12-02-2013, 05:18pm)DjPete Wrote: Just a matter of time and this is what I'll look like on the bike...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEYIcCmmSmaMf5CpFWKPF...1NKyO2vAed]

Looks like a pink E.T ...
(12-02-2013, 06:43pm)CaptainRob Wrote: Still suggest the bar end weights make a big difference to your hands, fingers and wrists.
Have a look at www.manicsalamander.com that's where I got mine and there's a bit of info there and on the net.

Rob,
I'm curious .. are the bar ends just heavier (than OEM), or is there another factor involved ??
Reason I ask is, I am a machinist (fitter & turner) and a new concept has come out in "anti-vibration" boring bars ..
If I could incorporate this concept into a set of bar ends, then maybe a patent might be on the cards here ...
(12-02-2013, 06:43pm)CaptainRob Wrote: Still suggest the bar end weights make a big difference to your hands, fingers and wrists.

G'day Captain Rob,
Out of interest did you use the classic or the pounders?

Cheers,
Kendo
(18-02-2013, 07:17pm)Kendo Wrote:

G'day Captain Rob,

Cheers,
Kendo
Classic did fine for me. That was on the FJR. But with the Busa I just took a guess and increased the bar end weight by 50% and its great. Also have helibars. I reckon the big ball-breaker weights are more for the big armchairs like Harleys perhaps ?

(18-02-2013, 07:45pm)CaptainRob Wrote:
(18-02-2013, 07:17pm)Kendo Wrote:

G'day Captain Rob,

Cheers,
Kendo
Classic did fine for me. That was on the FJR. But with the Busa I just took a guess and increased the bar end weight by 50% and its great. Also have helibars. I reckon the big ball-breaker weights are more for the big armchairs like Harleys perhaps ?

Yeah, was just curious as the classic is 12oz or 340grams in our speak, which makes it the same as the standard 'Busa bar end weight. Assuming that mine are OEM which I believe them to be.
The pounders at 17oz or 490grams would be the heavier option, but that does seem heavy.
Did you increase weight 50% from the OEM weight or a lighter aftermarket bare end?