Which Tyres ???????
I've got 2700 klms on my Bus so for. The rear BT56 looks like I might get 4500 to 5000 ks out of it.

What is a good replacement that will get me some more mileage? Max swears by his new Vipers but any milage indication from him is not "real world".

I ride slower and don't "push it".

Have heard that Pirelli do a "Diablo P" that is diferent to the standard Diablo. The Diablo P is supposed to be specifically for the Bus. Like the BT56 J (different from the BT56) was specifically for the Bus.

Your experiences appreciated.

Regards,

The Busdriver <i>Edited by: Busdriver at: 11/3/06 11:18 am
</i>
I'm in the same boat BUS, I'm up to 4000 and nearly ready for new ones. I am going to use Shinko's next. aBUSa swears by them and cowboy loves em too. Pretty good for the price I reckon. <i></i>
I swear by Bridgstone BT56F OR BT014F for the front and BT020R for the rear.
I average between 10 and 12 thousand on a pair, mostly highway and twisties riding but I only weigh 75kg and ride solo.

I got 5k out of my first BT014R and it was a 200 cross section.

The BT020 is not quite as sticky but is good enough for my style of riding.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
I got about 11 thousand out of my rear pilot power. just changed to a hpx200 which the guy recons should get at least that or more. HPX's supposedly designed for heavier powerful bikes eg hayabusa, zx12r <i></i>
Hey Dan,
how the f*** do you get 11k out of a back tyre mate? that is just amazing. I know you dont just wheel the bike around because I've seen you ride your bus, and who called you a "petrol head"?

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
<i></i>
no idea Max i ride it every day to and from work and im not gentle with it but i guess i didnt flog heaps either. and 11k was not even on the wear maarker so hopefuily this new 200 will be good <i></i>
G/day busdriver I got about 4000ks out of the original BT56 on the rear would have got little more out of the front.Second set was bridgestone 012s same ks but a much softer tyre third & fourth set have been the replacment for the 012 the 014 and have found long trips 2 up with gear the centres dont stand up to well but in saying that I also run up Oxley hwy every few weeks and find they heat up well and give confidence in the front.

mark <i></i>