How do u keep cool when riding in 40'deg heat
(12-01-2013, 09:54pm)LOAFIE Wrote: Living up in Qld I've noticed less riders in shorts and t-shirts but I have noticed that the ones that do ride like a tool , full blast up middle of traffic .

When i was up there living the police just rode around with short sleeve shirts no jacket Pi_freak
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(15-01-2013, 05:50pm)ROD Wrote:
(12-01-2013, 09:54pm)LOAFIE Wrote: Living up in Qld I've noticed less riders in shorts and t-shirts but I have noticed that the ones that do ride like a tool , full blast up middle of traffic .

When i was up there living the police just rode around with short sleeve shirts no jacket Pi_freak

Still the same in Mackay Rod. Remember that protective gear is PPE under the hierarchy off controls when doing a risk assessment and it is the lowest form off control. Always better to ride within your limits and allow for the tintops behavior. Just my thoughts:)
Cooler today.
Much more fun to be taking a Busa around the mountains.

[Image: buswed1.jpg]

[Image: buswed2.jpg]
Will you stop that Tony i have to many pictures of this great piece of work allready Very Happy
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Was a bit cooler today, much more fun ....

[Image: jan171.jpg]

[Image: jan172.jpg]
http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Product/...px?gateway=

maybe this is a good idea. big guys can avail this offer!
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

I set the climate control to 22 degrees, leave the sunroof open to expell the hot air, then close it after 5 minutes . . . easy. . . . Oh, you mean the bike??? Pi_freak I find sweating alot helps! Lol3

- back in the '80s we used to throw our leather jackets in the weir before the 10 minute ride back to Albury. Was always totally dry by the time we got back. Wtf
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
If its a hot day nothing is really cool. Mesh allows the air in but like being in a rotisserie. Leathers are hot especially in traffic but once getting along with some air flow is no hotter than mesh or Tee shirt shorts and thongs. Got used to the leather jacket dragging jeans and proper boots as minimum to ride. In the event of an accident I don,t like the idea of being skinned ready for cooking on the hot bitumen. Prefer to be done as a jacket potatoe.
Just my my thoughts.
You just gotta be cool man,Ha Ha     Had one of these macheys in the 60s.And and old single.wish i had photos of them.Use to run round the paddocks and sand hills. lol
I like some of the ideas - I just put my head down and get home as soon as I can - 35 here today... yay
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
(07-02-2013, 02:13pm)RaZ Wrote: I like some of the ideas - I just put my head down and get home as soon as I can - 35 here today... yay

Nothing ike having a cold frosty comfort waiting for you in the fridge when you get home! 35 here today as well.

An icy cold can of Coke solves all problems. I also soak a tshirt under water and allow a little breeze in. Works well for about 15 minutes. Other than that just have a little whinge to myself. Still, I'm not living in Baghdad I suppose.
last saturday it was 30 degrees when i came off ,i had my leather jacket on and im so happy i did as id needed to get my back grafted if iwasnt wearing it,i say even if it hot n furked just wear the leather ,it helps so much