Foiled...
Well had the 'Busa all set to go to Test & Tune @ Palmyra dragstrip to see if I still felt like racing.
5:30 pm @ the last servo leaving town to head out to the strip, put in some extra 98 ron fuel, go pay, come back out & WHAT THE F++K, coolant (rusty water) running out from the front fairing, Wtf insert copius swearing as I push the bike to the side & try to assess the problem.
No tools on hand as I have not been given all parts for the bike as yet (hump, toolkit, manual, OEM exhaust etc).
So, as the radiator did not appear to have a hole, the bike started & ran fine, no pinging or missing, no obvious water in the oil.
I took the risk & rode home via route that excluded stop lights, stop signs & as much 80 klm zone as possible, to assist radiator in keeping what coolant was left @ a reasonble temp, eye on the temp guage.
Got home no worries, started pissing coolant again as soon as parked & shut down.

1.5 hrs later (I had not done this before in daylight let alone by torch on my own) I had removed the lh fairing by torchlight still hoping to find a loose hose clamp I could fix & go racing, no luck.
Coolant bypassing rad cap, overflowing coolant reserve & pissing out, BASTARD.

Went & bought a new rad cap Sat morning, & Sat arvo all is well, thank christ, I was more than a little peeved.

In the end it was a good thing, as I was able to replace the rustywater with fresh coolant (this bike has been dealer serviced from new......explains everything especially the Mackay dealer). Whilst the tank was up to bleed the coolant system, thought I may as well check & clean the air filter, yep, it was the OEM filter dated 3/2008, before the bike was built, & was in bad shape from manual cleaning instead of replacing.
Just another quality job from the dealer..

Anyway, new filter to come & refit the fairing on Friday arvo, have some fun on the weekend.

I have done some test launches on good clean aggresive road surface & I know I have to develop my tequnique for this bike.
Somewhat diffrent to launching my ZRX.
On the dyno, same day, back to back the 'Busa was putting out 32HP more than my ZRX (not stock) @ the rear tyre.
The main diffrence is the riding position, while the ZRX is great if somewhat wheelstand prone to launch & through the first 2 sometimes 3 gears, I found the 'Busa goes from wheelspin to wheelstand Scary& the transition stage is quite interesting, from there the horizon gets reeled in bloody fast Very Happy
Rusty water? Literally? If it was discoloured and its a Gen II I'd be looking at pressure test of your cooling system and checking to see you haven't blown a head gasket or cracked the head.

Palmyra eh? Last time I raced there I think it was still a dirt track! I'm pretty sure I was on a methanol powered CR500 too!
G'day Camel,
Mate I am happy enough no damage is done, bike starts & runs up to temp on idle no worries, no missing or pinging & no water in the oil.
Rusty water, well yeah I tasted it & the glycol was so weak it was barely noticble, I would suggest it is the original fill from new back in '08, just broken down & starting to become a problem.
All new & correct ratio fill now.
We have a test & tune next weekend so I will have another go then.
The missus reckons it's a sign I am not mean't to race this bike, she reckons it/I needs a wheelie bar.
I will give the ' Busa a run & see if it still interests me to dragrace or if have gotten too old & slow after a 3 year lay off.
OR if it just plain scares the crap outa me on the strip, the ZRX only ran a best 10.747's, so I know this is a big jump to a bike that should do easy 10.2's with me on it, maybe not @ a test & tune due to a lot less VHT on the track, but still considerably faster.
I found there was always about 0.2's improvement on raceday compared to a test & tune, purely due to the amount of VHT being layed on the track.