Flat in the midde of nowhere
Rode Putty Road today. Thought I was prepared for a flat at anytime. My front tyre gave out with a nail 135kms from no where, and nearly lost it on a bend near Bluegums.

Used the green goo, used up all 5 mini cylinders of nitrogen and off I went. 5 minutes later a dead flat again, 50 km from no where, my mate had no tyre kit becaue he forgot it. This time plugged the front tyre and rode super slow to towards civilisation at 40 clicks in a 100km/h zone, 20 clicks to go, no one anywhere.

Group of Harley guys come past and helped me out with an air compressor, lots of talk and laughs. Saved me coming home late. Thanks guys. Tommorrow I go to supercheap and do the rear storage conversion and put a mini compressor in there. Those bottles are like a puff of air from a granny, they did nothing special.

Harley riders are not useless, dont care what anyone says. Lol3Lol3

Glad to hear you got home ok and that someone helped you out. THat's what the motorcycling community is all about regardless of what bike you ride Clap
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
you really gotta plug the tyre well and the mini cylinders of nitrogen will work. I have used them many time and worked really well. Also used them on my 4x4. I guess if I was in your shoes I would rubbish them too.
(18-07-2012, 08:03pm)raceworx Wrote: you really gotta plug the tyre well and the mini cylinders of nitrogen will work. I have used them many time and worked really well. Also used them on my 4x4. I guess if I was in your shoes I would rubbish them too.

Yikes, how many of the mini cylinders would it take to re inflate a 4wd tyre?

(18-07-2012, 08:17pm)jamdonut Wrote:
(18-07-2012, 08:03pm)raceworx Wrote: you really gotta plug the tyre well and the mini cylinders of nitrogen will work. I have used them many time and worked really well. Also used them on my 4x4. I guess if I was in your shoes I would rubbish them too.

Yikes, how many of the mini cylinders would it take to re inflate a 4wd tyre?

4 Wheel drives usually mount a small air compressor under the drivers or front passenger seat, if they don't have room under the bonnet. It takes long enough to reinflate after lowering to take on sand/rocks etc on the Landcruiser. I can't believe what it would take to use those tiny little cylinders!ScaryPi_freakScary
I c my bro's can help

When needed

Not all of us ' harley riders'

Are pricks on wheels
They say you should chuck out your tool kit and fit a Tyre repair Kit and 1 mtr of tubing just incase your out of fuel. If its a mechanical defect, your usually stuffed anyway.

I use to carry an ARB compressor in my old gixxer. I think i should do the same again. I do carry a tyre repair kit with a combo cyclinder/hand pump. The cylinders are ok but what i do is hand pump first then empty a couple of cylinders. As long as you get more than 12lb of air min, you can generally get going at an ok pace till you get to a servo.
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
Lucky the Hardley riders empathised with you being stuck on the side of the road mate. They can't all be bad boys!

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Shy 
Just carry a good hand pump & a cylinder of compressed liquid leak plugging glue. ?
i have a cycle pump kit from pashanit moto and they are awesome and fit anywhere there small compact and value for money
(19-07-2012, 09:43am)big kev Wrote: i have a cycle pump kit from Pashnit Moto and they are awesome and fit anywhere there small compact and value for money

Yes! Cycle Pump & Stop & Go Tire Repair Kit can be lifesaver.
Here's an example from a Pashnit Tour short while back:

One of our fellas had a bit of a slow leak and was getting pretty worried.

We were in the middle of nowhere indeed - Death Valley!

[Image: 7606910188_1b20aa23ce_b.jpg]

Pulling the nail out -

I encourage riders to ride with a needle nose or Multi-Tool: How would you get it out?

[Image: 7606909942_197df72c24_b.jpg]

This was all it took.

[Image: 7606909830_aa05fbd385_b.jpg]

We'll fix it with the Stop & Go Kit - these are awesome. In the 10 yrs I've been running the tour company, they've never failed, so I'm a big fan of mushroom plugs just from experience.

[Image: 7606909496_9febaa9328_b.jpg]

Nail removed...

[Image: 7606909604_bcf52f3acb_b.jpg]

Ream the hole with included reamer:

[Image: 7606909702_96be198809_b.jpg]

Assemble the plunger tool

[Image: 7606909358_89b9fdc16a_b.jpg]

Insert the mushroom plug

[Image: 7606909202_46759423d0_b.jpg]

Remove the handle thingy and insert the plunger

[Image: 7606909082_0e247bda6a_b.jpg]

[Image: 7606908970_007710fcb1_b.jpg]

Mushroom plug inserted, pull it tight to seat it inside the tire wall

[Image: 7606908822_6815f24f17_b.jpg]

Included razor with the Stop & Go kit, trim off the excess

[Image: 7606908714_1c7babb8f2_b.jpg]

Out comes the Cycle Pump, plug it into an SAE plug on my Busa & pump up the tire

[Image: 7606908574_93cd20619d_b.jpg]

And yes, this was done in the rain. Flat + rain. :(

We pulled the bikes in as far as we could to get in out the wet.

[Image: 7606908464_5e014b1b2a_b.jpg]

And back on the road!! Likely took us 5-10 minutes to plug the tire. As mentioned, this was in Death Valley, nothing out there.

And our rider still had to ride some 500 miles home. Plugs work great, he made it home with nary an issue, zero leaking, and promptly replaced the tire.

Stop & Go Kits:
http://www.pashnit.com/product/stopngo.html

Cycle Pump Combo Kits:
http://www.pashnit.com/product/cyclepump.html

Worth mentioning I've been using the same Cycle Pump for TEN years now. Paid for itself many times over.

[Image: 7606908270_27656c1875_b.jpg]

Btw, on the Gen-I Busa, the trunk is huge and easily fits the Cycle Pump Combo Kit in there. Look closely under the rear bar: That's the Cycle Pump air compressor. Right of that, I've got the EZ-Air Gauge, spare pegs, spare levers, + comm system, and I still have room for the Stop & Go Tire Repair kit.

[Image: 7607008354_67859ebd9a_b.jpg]

(20-07-2012, 12:06pm)pashnit Wrote: Cycle Pump Combo Kits:
http://www.pashnit.com/product/cyclepump.html

Worth mentioning I've been using the same Cycle Pump for TEN years now. Paid for itself many times over.

Btw, on the Gen-I Busa, the trunk is huge and easily fits the Cycle Pump Combo Kit in there. Look closely under the rear bar: That's the Cycle Pump air compressor. Right of that, I've got the EZ-Air Gauge, spare pegs, spare levers, + comm system, and I still have room for the Stop & Go Tire Repair kit.

[Image: 7607008354_67859ebd9a_b.jpg]

Pi_thumbsup +1 for the cycle pump kit.

Got one off Tim (pashnit) a few weeks back. Good quality system that will last many years....and fit on the bike no probs as shown in Tims post (it's in the red bag). Worth every cent.