Vic country drags at there finest Oct 30
Wilby is back on this weekend
1/8 mile in Vic north east
Gates open 8am racing from 11
pit gate closes at 10:45
www.wilbypark.com.au
Great place for those that don't take it too seriously and just want to blow out the cobwebs
Now there in lies lots of memories. I'd love to go, but sadly have to work.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
You raced at Wilby Ward ??
Hoping to fire up Vitto and the new guys in Albury
not sure if i will take the busa or 14
(27-10-2011, 07:27am)Maj Wrote: You raced at Wilby Ward ??
Hoping to fire up Vitto and the new guys in Albury
not sure if i will take the busa or 14

Took my old CBX1000 down there twice, with a heap of mates from Albury.
I had a couple of runs at the end of the day but didn't compete. The quickest that day on the bikes was an old(even for then - was in the mid 80s) 2stoke triple -750 kwaka Ithink? with wheelie bar and an air shifter.
Mate also had his turbo LC torana. - which also didn't do so well.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
That Kwakka had the track record for a long time
that was the days the drag strip and speedway main straight were the same piece of dirt
I remember one of my first passes on a cb900 and then finding the last bit of runoff and return road was oiled dirt , skated around there like it was a dirtbike on loose sand .

Good day at the track , only a few bikes entered, couple of busa's, gix 750, V rod and Buell
Having lots of problems with traction... it is an unprepared surface... but the other busa was having front wheel issues , nice full track wheelies
his fastest run was quicker than mine , but just got him in the final ,
Its a heads up system , quickest 2 bikes of each class run the finals , otherwise run anyone all day
Met another new Busa club member who saw this notice , think he will give it a bit of a run next time
Great day boys pitty bout the weather tho, good to meet a couple of the forum members dont sell yourself short Maj that half track mono was insaine lol,Yep might have to have a go once i get a little bit more use to this monsterVery Happy
Big step coming from a trail bike to the busa ,but you will be pretty comfortable thrashing it by the Feb meet

Heathcote has its biggest meet of the year coming up on the 11,12 &13 Nov
Actually paying prize money too , but you need to place at least 2nd to cover entry fees ....
lol Think November bit to soon! Feb sounds a bit better my arse is still gripn the seat when i pull the trigger lmaoLol2
What ET and terminal speed do you guys run there?
Party-smiley-018 When your not Racing, your only waiting!
slow, about 2 secs off Heathcote , i run 4 psi at Wilby or it just blows the tire
bit of hotmix at the start, no other track prep , and std road mix surface down the track