Where did 4th gear go??
Took the Busa out for a quick lap to test n tune the settings on my quickshifter and to see how well the 'on the fly' adjuster worked.

Found myself a nice piece of road, opened the throttle, clicked into 2nd..all good, clicked into 3rd...all good, clicked into...ummm where the f*** did my shift lever go???? Was feeling around with my foot and nothing was there. Looked down and all I could see was the shift rod and pressure sensor flapping in the wind. Wtf Meanwhile I'm red-lining 3rd gear with no 4th gear to change into. Scary

Stuck in 3rd I wanted to get out of there anyway as the bike is not road legal atm Wm, I took it home (love the Busa torque!!3rd gear up my steep driveway with no probs) and assesed what I'd lost or broken. Luckily it was just a small alloy spacer that was missing and the rest of the parts were hanging on by a thread. Forgot the loctite didn't I Idiot2 Unfortunately I needed the spacer so decided to go for a needle in a haystack look so I didn't have to make a new one. It was bright orange so it shouldn't be too hard to find?.

Jumped in the car and drove down to where I figured it all came apart, parked on the side and started walking. Got about 15 paces from my car and some guy with his girlfriend pull up "you alright mate?" Told them I was just looking for something, but thanks for asking and they took off. No more than 30 seconds later another car slows down, a full husband, wife and 2 kids family "are you okay, do you need a lift to a servo or anything?" I thanked them for their concern, said I was fine and they took off. I was no more than 30 mtrs away from my car and again another car pulls up. This time it's an elderly gentleman "Are you in need of any assistance?" "No I'm fine, just looking for something, but thanks for stopping". Then I realised that this last elderly guy had actually driven past me going the opposite direction, had done a u-turn and came back just to check on me.Pi_thumbsup

That was when I thought this little piece of alloy worth about 20cents had put way too many people out of their way for no reason and deserved to be lost forever, so I went home and made a new one.

Gotta love the local spirit, although I do wonder how different it would have been if I was in my leathers with the Busa parked on the side of the road?. Undecided
lol, up here in the big smoke the first Guy would have mugged you then the problem would have been over, Lol2
(27-09-2011, 08:30am)simmo Wrote: lol, up here in the big smoke the first Guy would have mugged you then the problem would have been over, Lol2

I'm deep South Simmo, it's all bourbon and shotguns on the front porch down here ya'll.
I was gonna say Paul, lucky you weren't over this side. Lol