Servicing frequency
Have always changed oil and filter myself, taking right fairing off is easy, but to charge $200 bucks by a dealer is a bit steep I think.
(27-07-2011, 12:38am)Landmine Wrote: You are welcome just spend your money buy roses for your ride.
(26-07-2011, 11:35pm)BJK1 Wrote: There are people who love there bikes and people who use and pass them on. Oil and filters are very cheap insurance, and why should you not look after the inside of your motor much better than you look after the inside of yourself? Just do it...

I dislike this quote, roses have Pointy Thorns - I may need new tyres then - even more exp...

jokes apart, If you buy your own Oil 20L boxes and filters - DIY job is easy and helps you learn about your own bike. (a very inexpensive method)
Also - older oil is not so much of a problem for a long ride - but can create problems for short rides.

Plus with thicker/older oil you are also putting other components of the bike at risk.
I.e. the starter motor, engines internals as old oil takes more time to travel then the new one.

Hi Glenn,

You take the right side flearing off to get to your oil filter as it's easy from the right then left.
When I bought my first hayabusa I was really scared to take it off, but I just went a head and did it. The trouble some times is the dam flearing seems to be stuck on the dam bike. So you really have to give it a good pull to let the pins come out of the rubber grommets. the top pin which is on the black piece that runs along side your fuel tank is the tricky one, it has to be lefted up to come out, once that is out just pull. Do it carefully that way you will not break the pin off the black piece. On my busa it's been broken off, but doesn't give any trouble not being there.

Taking off the left side flearing you will have to watch the video for removing that side. Don't for get to buy some rubber grease to put on all the grommets and pins so that the flearing goes on very easy and will come off really easy. if you don't put the rubber grease on the items it will be hard to get off again.

Watch the video a few times to get to know what you are about to do and you should have no trouble.
Good luck with it all and I would change the oil and filter when you think it's time. I will do my oil change on my busa every 5000K's.
Thanks John
(27-07-2011, 09:06am)piperjon Wrote: Hi Glenn,

You take the right side flearing off to get to your oil filter as it's easy from the right then left.
When I bought my first hayabusa I was really scared to take it off, but I just went a head and did it. The trouble some times is the dam flearing seems to be stuck on the dam bike. So you really have to give it a good pull to let the pins come out of the rubber grommets. the top pin which is on the black piece that runs along side your fuel tank is the tricky one, it has to be lefted up to come out, once that is out just pull. Do it carefully that way you will not break the pin off the black piece. On my busa it's been broken off, but doesn't give any trouble not being there.

Taking off the left side flearing you will have to watch the video for removing that side. Don't for get to buy some rubber grease to put on all the grommets and pins so that the flearing goes on very easy and will come off really easy. if you don't put the rubber grease on the items it will be hard to get off again.

Watch the video a few times to get to know what you are about to do and you should have no trouble.
Good luck with it all and I would change the oil and filter when you think it's time. I will do my oil change on my busa every 5000K's.

Cheers, thanks for the tips John. I will be careful with the clips.
Where can I get a 60L drum of motul 7100 in melb?
Go to MTUDDA.com site find out the address for Mel location and order one from their else just order from Blackwoods.

The problem with a 60l drum is that it's not very common.

Cheers
Bill
Or you can get OLEON Oil from Ray, its great oil- quite inexpensive. I may be wrong - but this is available at club discount prices.

I am writing this because I use this oil and cannot find anything wrong with this or the service offered by Ray.