Fuel or Electrical ?
Hi all my 99 Busa drag bike won't rev past 9000 rpm, it hesitates getting there and when i back off to idle it stalls. It starts back up no worries. I can free rev it to the limiter any time. Had the fuel pump apart today and cleaned the filters but it made no difference. Could it be fuel pressure or an electrical fault?
Steve
Check your fuel system pressure and flow, that will give you a very definite answer
put a pressure gauge on the fuel rail and run the return into a container instead of the tank and measure flow for 30 secs

Remember that its a very flammable liquid and you do not want to end up like the V8 supercar on the weekend ...
No worries. What is the fuel pressure with the ignition on and when the engine is idling?
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...9-2000.pdf
Thanks PeteVery Happy
Think i solved the problem( won't know till the weekend). An insulator on one of the spark plugs has come adrift and was sitting on the outer electrode therefore covering the spark and not igniting the fuel in that cylinder. Replaced the plug today and the bike seems to idle smoother and rev hard without the backfiring. Fingers crossed this has fixed the problem.