Funny Story
(06-02-2011, 02:51am)BusaJim Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 02:19am)BJK1 Wrote:
(05-02-2011, 11:33am)BUSGO Wrote:
(05-02-2011, 11:27am)BabyBusa Wrote: When I did my L's for my bike, we had to do the 2 day thing where you mainly push each other around on the bikes and when you got to ride the bike you weren't allowed out of 2nd gear.

There was a brother and sister on the same course as me. The girl of the duo dropped the bike 3 times, including having it land on her, and rode into a rather large shrub......the boy didn't do much better, but both still were given a pass for their L's Idiot2
HMMMM seems they are very lax in Sydney Kathy. When my wife attempted her L's she only ran into a fence at very low speed and they ejected her from the course on the 2nd day.
I am glad that they did because I have always feared that she has tunnel vision as a driver and that is a certian death warrant for a biker.

I no how you feel. The chic I live with wants to get her ticket, has tunnel vision and just can't wrap her head around how dangerous it is on a bike on the road. I tried to get her riding my Honda 50R to get the feel of a small machine, the first time on a bike, she flipped it changing to second at full rpm could you believe, took some bark off now won't get back on it. It scares me thinking she wants to only gain experience on the road and go straight for her L's. I thought if she got some skills up (basic) that I'd get her a gt 250r but now I've told her to do proper training and if she won't I want nothing to do with it.

Well BJK what women ever listened to a bloke you have given her sound advice is there any female rider you know a have a girl to girl talk to her
she may take it more seriously.

I had the same problem with my sister got her a honda 90 step through only cost me a carton fixed it up for her to practice on she said i'm not getting on that stupid little thing and I explained it just to get the feel for balance an control etc. any way she wouldn't get on it so she went off did her course and passed of course bought a honda CB250 brand new plus helmet gloves jacket pant bots etc road it once to work a car cut her of she panicked fell off called me to come and pick the bike up and she never rode again.

best of luck mate

Jim

Or we might have to start a show us you scars injury thread and she can see first hand what can happen even when you were doing nothing wrong.

I've been falling off motor bikes since I was about 5 years old. The grass is a lot softer than bitumen. It worries me to see people learning to ride on the road. Should put them on a motorcross track long before they're allowed on the road. The way it's going, one day the Gov't will look at the stats and just ban bikes. (maybe we should just run over those damb scooters)
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .