Power commander or equivalent advice please?
Hi there everyone I am wondering if any you guys can give me some advice regarding the "Power commander" or equivalent for my Busa 2010 model?
Before I go any further, my bike is a 2010 Busa with 2500km on the clock and is stock standard mechanically EXCEPT I do have a K & N race filter, Yoshi TRC carbon pipes.
My first question is : With these addditions does the original management system able to cope and provide the correct fuel mixtures at ALL speed ranges???
I do understand that with emission control lean mixtures are the norm and it worries me that running lean (now even more so with these mods??) I may be incurring some future engine damage or even perhaps internal overheating (not apparent as gauge seems to be working OK). The other thing I have noticed is that at low rpm my bike misbehaves a little (not really too bad but noticeable) and runs what I might describe as "a hairy goat", however when you twist the throttle I have no problems with response whatsoever, its only at low rpm and high gears that I seem to notice this more. Also when following traffic slowly in high gears low rpm.
So...after all that, can someone experienced tell me whether or not a "Power Commander" or other fix this problem and whether thats the way to go?? Is there any other brand/device as good or better to remedy the above??
I am also not that happy knowing my bike has the speed , so if this is the remedy for my problem above, will this unit also bypass the speed restriction?? Pi_tongue
I am hoping that I can "kill two birds with one stone" however my priority is fixing the apparent leaness of the engine, and secondary hopefully absolving the speed restriction in the process.
Finally, if indeed I need to install a unit can these be installed by the layman, i am mechanically minded.
Thanks guys so much in advance.!!!! I am quite new to the forum and read it often and thankyou to everyone here for all the helpful information!! Clap
Cheers
Jeff
No need for a power commander in a Busa as you can have your ECU flashed and sort everything out, without the need for extra aftermarket products.

Contact Pete from Pete's Pitstop, (AHC member FasterFaster) as it's exactly what he does.

Here's the link to his website too if you want a look.
http://www.petespitstop.com.au/
(29-01-2011, 12:45pm)BikerBoy Wrote: No need for a power commander in a Busa as you can have your ECU flashed and sort everything out, without the need for extra aftermarket products.

Contact Pete from Pete's Pitstop, (AHC member FasterFaster) as it's exactly what he does.

Here's the link to his website too if you want a look.
http://www.petespitstop.com.au/
Hey mate thanks for the follow up.
I am little confused what getting the ECU flashed actually means, but i will endevour to give a call the contact you gave me.
Cheers
JeffroVery Happy
powercommander or standard Engine Management system consists of hardware (physical unit) and software loaded on the unit (just like your home computer).
Gen2 or your K10 has the hardware which is capable of having software changes/updates.

So without a need to do a hardware change you can easyly and confidently get the current hardware flashed and this will be inexpensive and proven method of dealing with the issue
Cheers
Bill
Bikerboy,
Unfortunately I live in Sydney NSW so of course I wont be able to physically visit Petes Pitstop in Qld for re-flashing.
Perhaps someone here could tell me a reliable source here in Sydney or within NSW????
Thanks all! Roll
(29-01-2011, 06:20pm)jeffro45 Wrote: Bikerboy,
Unfortunately I live in Sydney NSW so of course I wont be able to physically visit Petes Pitstop in Qld for re-flashing.
Perhaps someone here could tell me a reliable source here in Sydney or within NSW????
Thanks all! Roll

Pete also does flashing for people that send their ecu over to him too. He sorts out what needs to be done and then sends it back.
For what your after Pete is still one of the best people to talk to. He's a great guy to deal with and helps out a lot of AHC club members.
Pete is the man to talk to. If you want to go the Power commander let me know I have a new unused Power Commander V for sale for $300.00
Jeff by all means give us a call as even if you go with the power commander you can still flash all the other desirable settings Coolsmiley
Cheers 0419498858