Gen 2 Busa comparison to Gen 2 VMax - personal opinion
I had my Gen 2 Busa for almost two years and put approx. 18,000 kms on it. In general loved every minute of it, however, I found that I only really enjoyed it when I was right up it and at insane speeds, as such this bike truly did bring out the worst in me. I started looking around for something that I could enjoy more at saner speeds and perhaps be more comfortable as well (I'm over 50 years of age).

After looking at just about every bike on the market, I ended up with the new VMax. For those of you that have ever wondered about the comparison, I can now give you a bit of an idea after putting approx. 6,000 kms on the VMax.

Power: On the Busa between 9,000-11,000 rpm, I don't believe the VMax pulls quite as hard in its top end rpm (but there's not much in it) as the Busa, however everywhere else in the rpm range, the VMax is much stronger. Up to say 200 kph I find the VMax accelerates stronger, however, after that speed the Busa is far stronger in acceleration (aerodynamics). In general I would have to say the V4 engine has a lot of character (but its fuel consumption is absolutely terrible) and you can feel tremendous acceleration even a very low speeds, which is what the higher revving Busa lacked in comparison.

Suspension: Generally I found this to be much more supple on the Busa. Clearly the unsprung weight of the driveshaft and diff. have a payoff.

Handling: This is what surprised me the most. For low speed handling, say below 140kph, I found the VMax handles better. It feels much lighter and nimbler. I realise this is contradictory to its longer wheelbase, steeper rake and heavier weight (although I do believe it would have a lower centre of gravity i.e. fuel tank under seat), but at higher speeds clearly the Busa is better.

Brakes: This is a clear win for the VMax, despite its extra 50kgs. I find the brakes show more power and feel than the Busa (with ABS as a bonus).

Comfort: Its more upright seating position I find a lot more comfortable for my aging body, except at speeds over say 140kph (no faring).
A great insight into the VMax. I am a fan of the machine.
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
Vmax is an awesome machine, one I aimed to get, however the price is what stopped me. Its a damn shame we cannot do parrallel imports as in the states with the aftermarket ufo exhaust you can pick one up with the aussie dollar so high for between 13500 - 15000 bucks. Some awesome looking custom ones in the states. However, the boosa rocks and is the best value for money you can get in a bike for a horsepower addict like me.
Thanks for the comparo, dddd....Pi_thumbsup

Coming from someone that has put in many kms on BOTH bikes adds lots of credibility to it!

But the BIGGEST drawback that i can clearly see about the VMax is that >>>> it's NOT a Busa!!!! Frown

50kgs is a LOT of weight to give away....and I've NEVER seen a VMax go around a corner as quick as a Busa can!?!

But each to their own, i guess.....if it makes ur day out riding heaps more comfortable, then good for you!! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley