Michelin Power Pure
I had a new front tyre fitted yesterday, the new Power Pure from Michelin.

I can say that I'm pretty happy with it, so far. The handling was immediately, noticeably lighter than with the Bridgestone whatever that it replaced.

I took it out for a burn through the Nasho today (trying to scrub off the chicken strips!) and felt that it handles very well, even at high speed (240). I will definitely be putting a 190/55 Pure on the rear, when the time comes.

Has anyone else tried these tyres?
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
Have not tried them but up for a new set soon what sort of $$$
(13-03-2010, 02:36pm)nato674 Wrote: Have not tried them but up for a new set soon what sort of $$$
$250 for the front, fitted. IDK what a rear tyre is worth...probably $350.
I looked them up on the Michellin site and they seem to be a better version of the pilot road 2's. I will be going for them. Let us know if they have a drama mate.
(13-03-2010, 05:58pm)nato674 Wrote: Let us know if they have a drama mate.
Will do.
I'm pretty sure that they replace the Pilot Power range.
I fitted a new front pilot power during the week to the front and it was the last one in the rack surrounded by Pures. Same price.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Had a 190/55 Pure fitted to the rear today.

Went through the Nasho, no worries.

Cost was $350, fitted.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who gets a set of Pures.

I kid you not, guys, the weight difference is instantly noticeable.
(17-03-2010, 05:23pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: Had a 190/55 Pure fitted to the rear today.

Went through the Nasho, no worries.

Cost was $350, fitted.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who gets a set of Pures.

I kid you not, guys, the weight difference is instantly noticeable.

Could you check if they are made in thailand please???
I think all michelin's are now , or so im lead to believe.

Mark
Great observation 1300, is this what we can expect from now on by these prick manufacturers? Maybe the price should drop to US levels of $150 for the rear to justify them being made in SE Asia.Pi_thumbsdown
'The more professional you are, the closer you get to your client' Leon.

(17-03-2010, 09:22pm)fullbore busa Wrote: I think all michelin's are now , or so im lead to believe.

Mark

Made in Thailand?!! Bet they don't drop the price accordingly.

Can you let us know how they wear in comparison. Des Michellin still have a variant that is softer on the outside & harder in the middle to prevent the tyre squaring & if so what is it now called?
Was at the shop the other day getting a rear mich pilot r2 fitted to the bus and had a look at these. Picked up an 016 bridgestone in one hand and mich pure in the other and the weight difference was very noticeable (kevlar carcass or some such).
I've always been happy with the pilot power 2ct and if these are an improvement they should be good. Will be getting one on the duc next week.
Talked to Michelin rep today all POWER PURE'S in aust at present are made in Spain tho the next shipment will be made in Thailand , PILOT ROAD 2 are all coming out of Thailand now as are all most all other Miclelin tyres ,& they are not lasting as long as ones from Spain .

Cheers Mark