import law questions
ReadPi_freakEek
can anyone tell me with certainty what the law is to importing our bikes, i know pre 1989 no problem ( no busa obviously) but after, its a no go even for dismantling

if it is a no go what about parts(ship the whole bike over here piece by piece)

there is another post here which suggests its an import bike which can not be road reg, this maybe so, but obviously he managed to import it

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=14508
It may have been just the frame that was imported, I have one here, an import frame got it from a bike wreaker.

If your importing a bike that can be purchased here and your intending to register it , forget it. If you want to use it for race purposes , then you must be able to prove proof of racing eg.andra lic,cams lic, web sites, etc etc etc if you can do this then maybe you'll succeed, I did all that and was able to import my Topfuel bike .

Good luck!

Leonard.
hey mate
as far as i know you can import you just cant register there is no reason they can stop you from importing a bike
if you have owned and used the bike for more than 12 months you can import and register it for road use.
You must be able to prove ownership and show evidence of being out of this country. ie they require all copies of all pages of your pasport.

you will need to investigate wether it is woth it, cost me $2 grand to get a bike here from the UK. wasnt so bad but they did not tell me it would cost another 2 and half to get it of the docks this end. felt very bent over and raped.

pm details and can talk on phone if you want.

Tom