custom bike keys
Lol2Lol2Lol2
BumpBumpBump ok spoke to the owner for it to be financial we need to order 10 units , and hes willing to drop $3 of each key and ship them priority mail FREE which i thourt was a great gesture , he will do all models of the busa range

so there you go guys i will leave it to you.all i need is 10 members , i will update this thread soon as i get a confirmed price

thanks guys
(06-01-2010, 06:03am)big kev Wrote: BumpBumpBump ok spoke to the owner for it to be financial we need to order 10 units , and hes willing to drop $3 of each key and ship them priority mail FREE which i thourt was a great gesture , he will do all models of the busa range

so there you go guys i will leave it to you.all i need is 10 members , i will update this thread soon as i get a confirmed price

thanks guys

Kev I have one of these keys and what you need to watch out for is that not all locksmiths can cut you a copy of the key due to the length.I had to take the little plastic tag that comes with the original key,it has the key code engraved on it.He wanted to check if he had the Suzuki program that enables him to punch in the numbers and see if he has the cutting mode.The key was not cut horizontaly but in a vertical position with a different machine.I would also ask this supplier if the keys will work on the gen 2 due to the transponder in the key.If so,than there is another fee with Suzuki to configure it with the ign,cdi box bla bla bla.pics attached.
funny that you mention that ruben i spoke with him and he does alot of these for gen 2 08-09 010 models and has not had any issues so i am told ,

on that note chuck the USA maker n supplier has come back with a price , i did the currency rate exchange and were looking at $530 AUD we get free shipping to australia , so it works out that each key item is $53 AUD

if you were to buy them indervidually they are $56.21 AUD plus postage

and that is a set price on the basis that we buy 10 units other than that i will leave it up to you guys
It looks cool kev but too costly and not worth it
well its custom it may not be worth it for you but for me its worht it
Quite true.Good luck for the group buy.I dont want to get into unnecessary trouble and problems with the custom.
(06-01-2010, 08:31am)big kev Wrote: funny that you mention that ruben i spoke with him and he does alot of these for gen 2 08-09 010 models and has not had any issues so i am told ,

on that note chuck the USA maker n supplier has come back with a price , i did the currency rate exchange and were looking at $530 AUD we get free shipping to australia , so it works out that each key item is $53 AUD

if you were to buy them indervidually they are $56.21 AUD plus postage

and that is a set price on the basis that we buy 10 units other than that i will leave it up to you guys

Ok kev,if that is what you were told ,I bought mine last year so maybe now he inserted the transponder in them.In reg to the keys for the gen2 bikes some dealers charge 45-55 dollars to configure the new key.
Kev he wouldn't have a prob with them for the 08 09 in the US as their keys are not chipped. Gen 1 and gen 2 can use the same blank the key is just longer on the Gen 2 as it has to pass thru the transponder thats mounted on top of the ignition barrel and in oz and eu has a chip fitted.
You can buy genuine key blanks on Ebay for $20 but they also have no chip in them and spewzuki have told me you cannot buy chips seperate here in oz .................. only with 6 potato cakes Undecided
You can also only code four keys per ECU after that its throw the ECU away (when you turn key on the amount of times the red led flash's is how many keys are coded to that ecu) If you lose both keys and have no key chip to copy then it's also throw the ECU away or disarm the immobiliser feature
ok well pete then i will only order keys for the gen 1 mate thanks heapsd for the heads up
(07-01-2010, 08:19am)big kev Wrote: ok well pete then i will only order keys for the gen 1 mate thanks heapsd for the heads up

If we can get a key with a Katana on the end of it I'd love one.

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
That would be a damn big key ???? Wire wheel model of course Max ? LOL
(07-01-2010, 07:34pm)fasterfaster Wrote: That would be a damn big key ???? Wire wheel model of course Max ? LOL

Yu're a f*&^ing animal Pete, just like we like.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(07-01-2010, 06:56am)fasterfaster Wrote: spewzuki have told me you cannot buy chips seperate here in oz .................. only with 6 potato cakes Undecided

come on Pete, your a queenslander now, they are called Potato scallops. Lol3

Now, back to the topic..

Hhmmm.. i'd like a Trench key (knuckle dusters), when is the order going in ?
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
Grant yep ya right they are to ................ bloody banana benders ................. and there twice the price.
So far we have a Katana with chips to go .................. all on a key ring.
Eat ya heart out Ronald McDonald