New Busa (Gen II, K9) owner - Perth
Hi,
I bought my white Busa (K9) last month (June) from Savage Suzuki. This is my first Suzuki. My previous bike was 06 Yamaha R1. Of course my benchmark for comparison will be the R1. The Busa is huge on weight (on or off bike movement). I do find the engine to be rough (Iâ€ve only done 600 K so far). There is engine noise at 2 – 3K rpm (sort of ‘rough rotation†sound) and vibrations >4k rpm < 5.5k rpm (which I think is normal). The Busa design is what you call a classic bike design where the exhaust (muffler) is highly visual (typical bike thing – engine, exhaust etc). Unlike the R1, where the exhaust is pretty much hidden except for the noise! I like the exhaust system because of its good noise suppression but itâ€s huge in size and it does get frustrating whenever I want to get access to the drive chain. Also, since itâ€s huge part of the bike, I do need to take special care on the muffler area so that I donâ€t scratch etc similar to other painted bike body parts etc. I chose the white one over the gold/black one because the gold/black design is awful where you get a 50/50 split colour presence unlike the GSXR1000 where the gold is nicely distributed on the black coloured surface. I donâ€t like the all black one (any bikes) because you loose (not visual) the body work/lines completely. The white brings out the bike design plus the silver faring part breaks the white colour to further bring out the body work lines. My wife thinks that the white one looks like a police bike or something but the good part is she excepted the Busa purchase and I can't complain.....
Anyway, any advice for my first service, cost, oil etc? Also, is there a Busa club or some sorts in Perth? Thanks.

Vignes
Mate - first off welcome to the club, we have quite a few members in WA. The best way to find them is to go to the "Riding not talking" thread and you will find where and when they get together, I'm pretty sure it's at Scarborough Beach somewhere but they will fill you in on the details.

As far as your bike is concerened - ride it a few more k's and you will get used to the size and handling, when you get more confidence in it you will love it. I assume your 1st service is due soon so get that out of the way and I'm sure the locals will point you towards a good mechanic to help iron out any issues.

Cheers Ruffy
Welcome fellow Westie
Welcome to the club.
Hope you enjoy that new bike feel for as long as I have...

HMMM.. about 5 years now..Lol3
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Nice choice with the 09, good thing about the exust is there are a heap of lightweight aftermarket pipes available that bring out the great sound of the beast and save you a bunch of weight! Oh and welcome to the site, hehe.
(15-07-2009, 09:59pm)white09 Wrote: Nice choice with the 09, good thing about the exust is there are a heap of lightweight aftermarket pipes available that bring out the great sound of the beast and save you a bunch of weight! Oh and welcome to the site, hehe.

When I first test ride the Busa, I quickly understood that it's much a different bike than the R1. the Busa has a lot of power but it's a well mannered machine. It's nicer bike to ride at lower revs. I feel it's a bike that'll make the owner keep it for a long time. About the exhaust, one of the reason why I got the approvals from my wife is because of the low noise level of the Busa but I'll eventually find reasons to change them. Thanks
When I first test ride the Busa, I quickly understood that it's much a different bike than the R1. the Busa has a lot of power but it's a well mannered machine. It's nicer bike to ride at lower revs. I feel it's a bike that'll make the owner keep it for a long time. About the exhaust, one of the reason why I got the approvals from my wife is because of the low noise level of the Busa but I'll eventually find reasons to change them. Thanks
[/quote]

Welcome to the world of Busa, Vignes. Its different and surely more sure footed then the 1000cc bikes.
We usually meet for cuppa every 2 months and have few rides around the year. there is a post for 10 Anv Ride in Dec 09 and also there is a short ride notice for any thing less then 7 days.

Will post the next meet day and hopefully will meet you and you get to meet all of us.

Cheers,

Bill
Remember "Loud pipes save lives" plus I'm sure your missus would appreciate the pillion comfort of the busa over the R1 Very Happy

Cheers Ruffy
(15-07-2009, 10:24pm)Vignes Wrote:
(15-07-2009, 09:59pm)white09 Wrote: Nice choice with the 09, good thing about the exust is there are a heap of lightweight aftermarket pipes available that bring out the great sound of the beast and save you a bunch of weight! Oh and welcome to the site, hehe.

buy her some earplugs,plenty of the good busa pipes can be quite quiet at low throttle settings only to scream that your about when wide open,you still want some decent bass to it so people look for you in their mirrors.
(15-07-2009, 10:35pm)Ruffy Wrote: Remember "Loud pipes save lives" plus I'm sure your missus would appreciate the pillion comfort of the busa over the R1 Very Happy

Cheers Ruffy

Did the R1 had a pillion seat??? Yeap, she loves the Busa's seat plus the huge grab bar. Thanks
Quote:I feel it's a bike that'll make the owner keep it for a long time.
yea I'll vouch for that statement.........10 years for me now and still no desire to change. Oh and welcome to the club.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Welcometo the club mate
born to be mild
Welcome Vignes you'll grow to love the Busa just like the rest of us.

Yes it's another Westy and he Rides a white Busa go those White Busas you've got to love them.

Like the others have said look in the Riding not talking and you will track us down, we are trying to organise the Annivesary Ride at the moment so if your interested get on there and have a look at the dates and so on.

Anyway enjoy the new ride and stay safe.