suspension setup
hi all. quiet night shift so thought i'd check out whats happening in the world of busa. got a gearsack sorted- on back order and yeah $450 is right but if it means i can ride more often and go further away... and can always take it off for track days or other cases that may require generous throttle application and little wind resistance. got a few hundred kays on it now and the suspension is starting to settle in- does anyone have any starting points on the adjustments to suit 65kg? Yes that is how much i weigh and no i am not 16- i have to exercise a lot to counterbalance the beer intake! Beer and it helps with the power to weight ratio anyway. Am i going to have to change the springs? I like my suspension pretty firm and there will often be a pillion so i am hoping not. Any info would be great.
Welcome KENO77.
If this is a new bike, your stock settings should be just about perfect.
Even for an older bike with two up and a full bag, you still should have no real problems.
I weight 78kg and the stock settings have always been good for me on both the Gen 1 and Gen II bikes. I did soften the damping and rebound on the rear by 1 notch each on the older bike though.

You will find nearly all your answers in the various topics as you navigate around the site mate.
Make sure that you check out the rides coming up in the Riding Not Talking area. Bathurst in May is the next big one.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
cheers mate. i mean the thing handles unreal and feels great but you know when you get something new, you're still getting used to it all and you don't know if that's just how it is or if it gets any better. for now don't really want to muck around with it too much- just want to enjoy it. did see the bathurst run- only a couple of hours from home so would be a good one to do. taking holidays around then anyway so if i get all my chores done around home might be allowed out to play!!