Sump Plug - oil drip
were is he's shop in browns plains ?????
Regards,
Shane
Nitehawk Wrote:Always do my services myself now...After the trouble that was caused last time...stripped sump plug and over tightening brake calipers bolts with rattle gun which resulted in rounded bolts when changing pads...I was not a happy camper. But learnt my lesson now...DO IT YOURSELF!!

When i did my first oil change on the busa,there was a small oil drip even
though i did it up using a tension wrench.After much stuffing around i
found that some genius had fitted a tapered sump plug & the sump was cracked. had to fit a new non tapered sump plug & new sump plate, you may want to check yours.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
If a "mechanic" is stripping a simple thread on a sump plug I suggest you find another individual who is qualified,or at least one that does not let his apprentice work on your bike!!!!!
spanner spinner Wrote:were is he's shop in browns plains ?????

He's in Elliot Ct, Hillcrest.
Just across BP road from the shopping ctr, off Johnston Rd.

I've been going to him for yrs (when living in Brissy). First went to him in 1991. He's done all my bikes.
Have never had an issue.
This is the first time I have had cause to "discuss" anything with him.
thank you i am starting to look around for a service place for when my bike comes out of warranty.... have to get picture of my new bike
Regards,
Shane
Found the problem.
As others here have said, occasionally the sump plug crush washer is re-used if it looks ok.
My guy looked at the "aluminimum" crush washer he took off & it seemd ok for reuse. Not overly crushed.
Turns out it's not aluminium, but a Stainless Steel spark plug washer that has previously been put on.
This washer was fitted by either of the previous last 2 service crowds & I have my suspissions which one.