Suspension settings
Had my suspension looked at at the Phillip Island ride day last Monday.
WOW! What a difference!
S.W. Racing did the setup, and tweaked throughout the day, trying to get a good balance between good for the track, but not too hard for the road. I stated that I do mostly road riding.

My print out just arrived by post, as they promised it would. And it got me wondering, what setting do most people run, or like me from before, do you just ride and assume it's ok?

My stats: I'm about 82kg(wringing wet out of the shower)
Stock '99 busa

End result:

front
fork travel: 94
travel left: 35

Rear
Top out 444
Static sag: 431 13
Rider sag: 412 32

Preload
L/comp 7
Rebound 11

Not too sure if it means anything to anyone, but if you are playing and get lost it's probably not a bad place to start.

Heidi also had her suspension done on the day, almost same bike, lighter pipe, so I'm wondering what the magic numbers that they came up for you are Heidi?
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Good info there Ward. A lot would depend on how fresh the oil was or is.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:Good info there Ward. A lot would depend on how fresh the oil was or is.

Pretty fresh - couldn't be more than 9 years old! -never been looked atEmbarassed

(The accompanying letter suggests a service every 12 months or 30 hours track riding.)
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Mine arrived in the post today as well, they really gave good service! Am happy as larry with my suspension, they were clucking their tongues and waggling their eyebrows at me in horror at the settings I had, so these are a big improvement. I'd just been tinkering and I guess I must have gotten lost. Good to have someone who knows what they are doing have a bash.

Am very impressed, I'll post my results tomorrow.
On my K8 I have these settings for a more solid feel all round and less wallowing thru the corners.

Fr. Comp. - 3 clicks in (clockwise) from stock (harder)
Fr. Rebound - 1 click in from stock

Rear Comp - 2 clicks in from stock
Rear Rebound - stock

Stock preload front and back, but I'm tuning into a fat f**k lately so I may have to add some. Well, either that or take up smoking again.
I got some clicks
Egos; everyone got one
Gday guys,newbie on this site but what im doing is trying to make the busa handle and brake better. The power is there as u guys know it, got some settings for u was ridden round Barbagello WA
FRONT
pre load 2.5
damping force rebound 2
damping force compression 2

REAR
damping force rebound 7
damping force compression 5

u can adjust the sag but as we all know we need a crane to pick the arse end up
:)
have a go thats wot ive tried turns in well