K8 clutch
just a note to any unusual noise. Developed a rattle in the clutch a few months back on the new jaffa and was concerned.asked a few mechs and the verdict was some are noisy.i have never known a bus to have a noisy anything apart from the odd timing chain.took B2 to the dealer and had the problem sorted in a day. all the bolts on the clutch basket were finger tight.mech retortioned,loctited,reoiled,i have complete faith ba ck in the bike and i thought it was about time mr SUZUKI got a pat on the back for somethin'
dabusaClap
thanks garbo all info posted like that helps if someone else has the problem and they dont have to go throught the same shit getting it fixed.Clap
Damn mechanics just dont give a damn.Violin
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
Just Got my K8 back from dealer last week after having same problem as Garbo. My Clutch started to make a rattling noise with the lever right in, but only when cold. Dealer didn't want to touch it and suspected wrong oil being used. I assured them something was f**ked and said I'll pay the cost of pulling the cover of to have a look (they warned me Suzuki would not pay if nothing wrong found).

It turned out the clutch assembly had come loose and had started to brush against the cover. I'm told they re-assembled and loctited everything. Hope it stays together.
My bike had done 5900k's so it was good timing to get my 6K service done. Just a shame none of the servicing cost (oil etc) was absorbed by the warranty work on the clutch.

Hope no one else gets the same problem. Missed out on some great riding weather and a Toy run for the week it took them to look at/fix it.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
vewy intewesting eh' ozzy. I wonder how many more there are out there. Watch this spot...
garboCoolsmiley
Ever been at the lights, and when they just about redy to go green, you put the clutch in, then click it in 1st gear, Whamoh, nothin. Your sitting there like a rubber duck with nowhere to go. In vain you release the clutch re engauge, hit 1st then away you go.......HMmmmmmmmmmm, It has been happening to me lately.

Do you think its a cluch adjustment issue or the gears are a little tight. The bussa has done just over 1500k's

Any takers!!!!
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
had the same problem with my clutch, all 6 bolts on the plate were loose but only one came out enough to touch the inside of the clutch cover. service manual has these 6 bolts at 10nm which doesnt feel like much but it is putting oressure back on the springs. having these 6 bolts at the right tention has made neutral to first much smoother.

i pulled clutch out to have a look at condition and wear etc... it has done 4000k, 1 full season at the drag strip (with BTL in) and there was no residue on the inside of the cover nor much wear/blueing of any of the plates. i change oil and filter after every drag meet or 1000k on the street.