K8 Longevity
Howdy, gentlemen -

Thought some of you riding longer distances on your K8 would be interested in this.... you'll have to click on these thumbnails below to see the details.

This road beast was bought in late Nov, 2007. A bad winter kept it off the road until last April, but it's been a different story since then.

This past weekend, I did another strike deep into northwest Nevada, riding the bike out on the Playa of the Black Rock Desert, located just northeast of Gerlach, Nevada:

However, in hindsight... this was probably not a good idea, unless you are into cleaning... Undecided

Point of this post: on the way home on Sunday, I passed through another K8 milestone..... 30,000 miles!

Perhaps I'll do a write-up on this 30K milestone... it should make for a good read.... [Image: cheers00.gif]
have fun with the cut and polish mate
Nice effort!
!
R E S P E C T
30,000 M = ABOUT 48,000 K.

Fuel & TYRES must be a lot cheaper over there than here in OZ.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
sweet tripping!
BUSGO Wrote:30,000 M = ABOUT 48,000 K.

Fuel & TYRES must be a lot cheaper over there than here in OZ.
Well, true.... most everything here is cheaper than in Oz... Very Happy

So far, I have used:

- stock Bridgestones - they were complete shit for me.
- 1 set Michelin Pilot Powers - quite excellent, surprising treadlife (~4200 miles)
- 1 set Dunlop Qualifiers - awesome stickiness, abbreviated treadlife.
- 1 set Continental Road Attacks - decent enough grip & treadlife
- 2 sets of Avon Storms - longest-lasting, outstanding dry grip, phenomenal wet grip. The best I've tested thus far on the K8.

As you can see in that 2nd photo, the current Avon Storms are toast. I am about to mount up a set of Pilot Roads.
Nice update Warchild. I reckon a full post on the first 30,00m would make a pretty good read.
Cheers
RichardPi_thumbsup
It's a week by week charade.