Bridgestone Tyres price rise
I rang around today to get a price for a set of Bridgy tyres and found out that a 20% price rise has just happened.
On a pair of BT015s the fitted price in Newcastle is now $600.00.
Undecided
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I heard a rumour that Bridgstone are or will not be making tyres in Australia anymore Undecided that might have something to do with the price rise..
never fly higher than your angel.
Well thats a good thing now maybe people will buy decent tires instead of the pretend "almost there" tires
Egos; everyone got one
busakid08 Wrote:Well thats a good thing now maybe people will buy decent tires instead of the pretend "almost there" tires

You dont like em then eh
busakid08 Wrote:Well thats a good thing now maybe people will buy decent tires instead of the pretend "almost there" tires

I'm still can't quite figger out why people think the standard tyres are so bad. I've always been a very one eyed Micherlin man and you could never get me on anything else but them. I have now got a K8 and I must admidt for a standard tyre I find them very good, they feel good through corners the front feels sure footed and grip also appears to be very good. I think the one thing that has suprised me is the wear and at the moment they appear to wearing very well.

So I was wanting to know what is so bad about these tryes for people to go off them.

Now bare in mind there was an artical late last year with Sean Gyles riding the Busa around the Island and was blown away by the bike and how good this thing was straight out of the box. He even makes mention of the tyres and how good they felt under him so if Superbike rider like Sean thinks these tyres are pretty good what is the issue or is it people being a bit like me and not giving the tyres a fair crack as they have their personnal preference.
I paid $300 for an 015 rear from Mick in Rydalmere recently and used about $210 worth of that on a quiet two up ride to Bateman's Bay and back via Oberon in one weekend - grip and feel was excellent up and down Clyde Mtn Action-smiley-083

Cheers Ruffy
BUSGO Wrote:I rang around today to get a price for a set of Bridgy tyres and found out that a 20% price rise has just happened.
Undecided

errr really?

Because I have PI this weekend I am fitting the SC2's (Super Corsa).

180 for the front

360 for the rear

Thats 540 for a set of SUPER sticky tires... and it's about 10 bucks more for the new Rosso's...
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Rev004 Wrote:

I'm still can't quite figger out why people think the standard tyres are so bad. I've always been a very one eyed Micherlin man and you could never get me on anything else but them. I have now got a K8 and I must admidt for a standard tyre I find them very good, they feel good through corners the front feels sure footed and grip also appears to be very good. I think the one thing that has suprised me is the wear and at the moment they appear to wearing very well.

So I was wanting to know what is so bad about these tryes for people to go off them.

Now bare in mind there was an artical late last year with Sean Gyles riding the Busa around the Island and was blown away by the bike and how good this thing was straight out of the box. He even makes mention of the tyres and how good they felt under him so if Superbike rider like Sean thinks these tyres are pretty good what is the issue or is it people being a bit like me and not giving the tyres a fair crack as they have their personnal preference.

I loved the 015s on my ZX6-R and I bought the same tyres when I needed new ones. They don't feel as sticky on the Busa and the rear moves around alot before they warm up, which takes a while (a lap and a half at Oran Park, every session). I'll be trying something else next time.
nothing wrong with the 015's that came on mine but i prefer the pilot power front and pilot road rear i now have
Regards

Dan
BUSGO Wrote:I rang around today to get a price for a set of Bridgy tyres and found out that a 20% price rise has just happened.
Undecided

Just seen these while browsin

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Motorcycle-Tyres-...dZViewItem
That doesn't seem to work
Motorcycle-Tyres-BT015

Type that into ebay search and it should come up. $315 the pair, or $345 buy it now. they're in Brisbane, $45.00 delivered
I felt the difference in the BT015s as soon as I rode the k8 out of the shop when new.
I had been using Metzeller M3s for the past couple of years and liked them a lot but the BT015s gave a real impressive feel and grip from brand new and lasted for 10,000 ks.
I did a run down the Putty Rd and back on the weekend and they melted to the point where I was getting sideways drift on many corners towards the end of the day and just as they were getting to the minimum wear markers.
I will put em back on and give another set a go to see if they go the same as the factory fitted ones.
@ Pommie, That Ebay price sounds good but I'm not a fan of Ebay stuff for my bike.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:I felt the difference in the BT015s as soon as I rode the k8 out of the shop when new.
I had been using Metzeller M3s for the past couple of years and liked them a lot but the BT015s gave a real impressive feel and grip from brand new and lasted for 10,000 ks.
I did a run down the Putty Rd and back on the weekend and they melted to the point where I was getting sideways drift on many corners towards the end of the day and just as they were getting to the minimum wear markers.
I will put em back on and give another set a go to see if they go the same as the factory fitted ones.
@ Pommie, That Ebay price sounds good but I'm not a fan of Ebay stuff for my bike.

M3s are crap IMO. Not suprised you like the BTs more.
Ive a BT 015 front on mine and its a huge improvement on the BT 014 , giving a far better feel through the front end ( the 14 was uni directional ) and a BT 020 rear.
It all comes down to riding style and what suits you and what your confident with.
[Image: photo3.jpg]