Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
What does a paint job cost? - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: How to Do It Yourself, Mods & Reviews & Tool Lending Scheme (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Forum: Modifications (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: What does a paint job cost? (/showthread.php?tid=9306)

What does a paint job cost? - horndog - 24-02-2008

Hi guys, Can anyone tell me what a fair price for a paint job on the 03 busa would be?

Should I avoid certain types of paints for the plastics?

It would be plastics only and I would prep up and deliver the bits to be ready for priming and paint. No fancy stuff just a nice metallic black.

Also can you recommend any painters in the Perth area?

The first place I approached quoted me $1300 for a Phantom Black with 2 coats of 2 pac clear.

I have never been down the custom paint road so I got nothing to benchmark from.

Thanks in advance[/font]

RE: What does a paint job cost? - abusa - 24-02-2008

My paint job cost about that, including all prep and removal of a small dent in the tank, clear over all done in PPG. Have heard of dearer. There can be a lot of money in decals as well, mine was without Kenjis, just tank stickers which were cleared over. A few of the guys have got on to cheaper EBay Decals that look alright.

RE: What does a paint job cost? - gixxer - 24-02-2008

Try Glen at TC for some custom stickers. Havn't got any but seen some work of his. Just amazing...

RE: What does a paint job cost? - bear - 24-02-2008

gixxer Wrote:Try Glen at TC for some custom stickers. Havn't got any but seen some work of his. Just amazing...
You've seen my paint job, and I did all the hard yakka, so I wouldn't be recommending my painter! And he charged $2k!!
hardest part of my paint job was getting someone to do the colour and clear.

RE: What does a paint job cost? - Busa Greavett - 24-02-2008

We do bikes at my smash repairs, did a side and front fairing for a zx14 the other week. No colour listing, so our painter matched the colour, perfectly i may add!!!

That cost him $460 which included 1 x new sticker.

So If your fairing is in good condition and all they've got to do is paint it, that doesn't sound too bad.

Just remember time is money, the less time they have to spend on it, getting it ready to paint (ie..you prep it) the less it will cost you. Take it all off, and you'll save yourself a load, it's all labour time!!

Normal colour(flat colour) normally $45-48 an hour, Metallics $50-60 an hour, fancy candy or zurelics $70+ an hour.

RE: What does a paint job cost? - steventh - 04-03-2008

horndog Wrote:Hi guys, Can anyone tell me what a fair price for a paint job on the 03 busa would be?

Should I avoid certain types of paints for the plastics?

It would be plastics only and I would prep up and deliver the bits to be ready for priming and paint. No fancy stuff just a nice metallic black.

Also can you recommend any painters in the Perth area?

The first place I approached quoted me $1300 for a Phantom Black with 2 coats of 2 pac clear.

I have never been down the custom paint road so I got nothing to benchmark from.

Thanks in advance[/font]

RE: What does a paint job cost? - steventh - 04-03-2008

I got my 07 painted Jan 08 in metallic blue (in Sydney)

Quoted prices for nose, front fender and RHS fairing (inc repair scratch marks and 2 inch break from a fall).

Quote 1. $900
Quote 2 $1300

Hope this helps

Steventh