Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Technical Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE (/showthread.php?tid=9012)

Pages: 1 2

2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - TYCHO - 16-01-2008

Any Ideas??
Only in 2nd gear, only under full throttle. Power cuts out for split second then back on again. Happens twice in rev range approx 6000 and 8000 rpm - although not consistently at same rpm.. WtfAll other gears ok. Under gradual throttle it doesnt seem to happen. Is an issue coz I am full lean at Eastern Creek when this happens and the rear can fruck up a bit which is scary. Chain is good , tyres are good, Any ideas from U guys who seem to know lots???

Have never noticed it before I put it into the shop for a service - go figure!!!
Tycho.
05 Red Bussa
Best lap at creek 1:59:00

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - Legend - 16-01-2008

Not jumping the 2nd gear dogs in the gearbox is it Mark?

Don't keep doing it if it is!!!

Leonard.Biker

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - LOAFIE - 16-01-2008

Well it sounds electrical, have you checked the Knockover sensor. As the bracket on my 05 had a fault in it and snapped

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - Maj - 16-01-2008

Sidestand switch is another potential problem but a good chance that Leonard is right, haven't had it on my busa yet but my R1 jumps out in second, you feel the loss of drive more than anything and it doesn't skip out long enough to freerev does feel a bit like a miss.

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - spamanglenn - 16-01-2008

clean out your fuel pump.

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - kawasuki - 16-01-2008

ARh fuckit Tycho ,go and buy a new bike.

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - pan - 16-01-2008

spamanglenn Wrote:clean out your fuel pump.

Why would a clogged fuel pump cause this problem ONLY in 2nd gear?

By the way Tycho, I still got 7 Hahn Super Drys in the fridge that need drinking!!!

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - kawasuki - 16-01-2008

fastest fuel consumption rate.Try pinning it in first and see if it does it? spaman

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - TYCHO - 18-01-2008

Was pinning it in every gear coz was at the track. (Every gear except 6th that is coz eastern creek is not long enuf) and only a 2nd gear prob.
I now know where the doggies are, so am I correct in assuming that it is a fairly major pull apart job to check the doggies? Dont want to give it to a shop at this point, coz I know that it will cost me many of the green things for them to even think about it.
It has been suggested that maybe it is a gear position sensor issue, ... any comments???
Tycho.

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - Legend - 18-01-2008

If you have a TRE of some sort then it won't be a gps issue.

Give us a call if you like.

Leonard.Biker

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - simmo - 18-01-2008

It don't sound to good sounds like 2nd gear or selector, is the gear lever bolted on tight ?? ie is bolt still in there, or check the angle where it is bolted on the spline is the same as other busas....
if so call Leonard before its all too late...........................

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - BLACKZOOK - 18-01-2008

Dick Pi_tonguehead I told you at the track to call Leonard but would you listen to me no.
How many time have you got to hear it CALL LEONARD.SFun_kickingroin

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - jzbusa - 19-01-2008

Pull it apart, get 2nd gear undercut, replace the bent shift fork & measure up the selector rod as its probably bent too. Hopefully it hasn't damaged the shift drum also. If its still under warranty you might as well smoke the paper its written on. the exact same thing happened to me doing a ride day at PI, bloody thing near hi sided me every time i used 2nd. It only happens at full throttle / load because 2nd is the only gear not undercut & its trying to pull the gears apart instead of together, light load isnt enough to generate the symptom. In your case i hope im wrong but i fear im not. I hope suzuki have fixed this problem with the gen2

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - Rev - 20-01-2008

Jumping out of gear......well known problem on the old bus..not to worry though.....it's just rider abuse, ask Suzuki YesRoll

RE: 2ND GEAR CUTTING OUT UNDER FULL THROTTLE - jzbusa - 20-01-2008

Rev Wrote:Jumping out of gear......well known problem on the old bus..not to worry though.....it's just rider abuse, ask Suzuki YesRoll

Oh yeah, rider abuse, forgot about that one. 'Here - have a motorcycle with 180 ish hp but dont use it or youll break it'
Idiot2