Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Dual Compund Tyres - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Dual Compund Tyres (/showthread.php?tid=8899)

Dual Compund Tyres - dogdda - 02-01-2008

Hey All,
A couple of queries about dual compound tyres. Noting that I've never been on a track day (Yes...I know I've GOT to do one!! Believe me, I want to!) and I'm the first to admit that the bike has more ability than I do, are there any SENSIBLE comments on dual compound tyres?

PLEASE NOTE: Smartarse remarks will be be summarily ignored!

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - Volvi - 02-01-2008

Im on Pilot Power 2CT dual compound. I was happy with the ordianary PP tyres before, the dual comp. wont last as long as the ones without. May go back to originals on tyre changes. Im not a track user.

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - LOAFIE - 02-01-2008

Ive just fitted a Bridgestone BT 0020 ( being repaced by BT0021) 200 wide on my bike . Ive done the oxley hwy and a Blast up the putty road with this tyre and am hugely impressed with its wear and grip. I previously had a BT0014 rear and got @5000ks a tyre . It was explained to me that the BT0020/21 are not duel compound but more denser at the centre, as for doing a track day ive used Bridgestone BT0014 and had a ball you will be surprised how much smoother you will become after just one day.

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - Pink Angel - 02-01-2008

I fitted Pilot Road 2ct on my gixxer and I have never felt a more griper tyre. I am very impressed with them Party-smiley-018

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - dogdda - 02-01-2008

Thanx Volvi,
Interesting that you say the dual comps will not last as long as single comps (or did I misunderstand?). I thought that was a purpose of dual comps (that is... harder in the centre for increased longevity) or am I showing my inexperience!

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - LOAFIE - 02-01-2008

Give these guys a call, ive dealt with Michael and was happy to answer any questions.
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/showthread.php?tid=2024&page=3

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - Volvi - 02-01-2008

dogdda Wrote:Thanx Volvi,
Interesting that you say the dual comps will not last as long as single comps (or did I misunderstand?). I thought that was a purpose of dual comps (that is... harder in the centre for increased longevity) or am I showing my inexperience!

Pre release it was understood that the centre would be harder, but after some months after release it had become known the centre is the same compound as previous model only the sides were softer. My last PP rear lasted about 11k, I see the current PP2ct on rear lasting less. If one were a track user I can see the added benefit for softer sides but ordianary road use the previous model was excellent and never stepped out. So buyers choice whether to pay the extra 50 for rear.

Tyre technology have surged in the last few years compared to 10 yrs prior to that, meaning there are many excellent tyres on the market these days, just a question of application and what your needs are.

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - kawasuki - 02-01-2008

dogdda Wrote:Thanx Volvi,

If u are doing a track day or Superbike coarse spend the extra and get Supercoarser sc1 front and sc2 rear u will still get a couple of thousand ks at least, after the day on the track.

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - black13 - 02-01-2008

kawasuki Wrote:If u are doing a track day or Superbike coarse spend the extra and get Supercoarser sc1 front and sc2 rear u will still get a couple of thousand ks at least, after the day on the track.

hey ray you forgot to mention the Jindy Loop, you'll need supercorsas for that
ive just fitted a pr2ct to mine,does'nt feel as grippy as the metz m3, but apperently they are a long lasting tyre

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - kawasuki - 03-01-2008

black13 Wrote:
kawasuki Wrote:If u are doing a track day or Superbike coarse spend the extra and get Supercoarser sc1 front and sc2 rear u will still get a couple of thousand ks at least, after the day on the track.

hey ray you forgot to mention the Jindy Loop, you'll need supercorsas for that
ive just fitted a pr2ct to mine,does'nt feel as grippy as the metz m3, but apperently they are a long lasting tyre

190x55's or the 190x50??

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - black13 - 03-01-2008

kawasuki Wrote:190x55's or the 190x50??

190/50 if you mean the polit road

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - arthur dunga - 03-01-2008

you should try the 55 some time one of the biggest improvements in steeering & handling for me.

RE: Dual Compund Tyres - RaZ - 04-01-2008

agree there with arthur ;)

corsa 3's is what I like the most, unreal grip all round including in the wet