Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
re ignithting the flame - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Non Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: Not Bike Related (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: re ignithting the flame (/showthread.php?tid=8830)

re ignithting the flame - black13 - 21-12-2007

Group: Club Founder

Thanks for your support Cam, however its now in the past and I dont want to re-hash all this shyte, so Im locking down the thread thereby not allowing it to continue.
i aint a shit stirrer(sic)but some one has mentioned names of others, in a way that may be demeaning , & admin has decieded to lock the thread,thats controling peoples thoughts, in this case it was one sided without a right of reply by mentioned names, thats blatent censhorship, & it aint fair

RE: re ignithting the flame - black13 - 21-12-2007

george orwell 1984, if you aint seen it watch it

RE: re ignithting the flame - kawasuki - 21-12-2007

black13 Wrote:george orwell 1984, if you aint seen it watch it

If i say gettem black13 will i get banned??

RE: re ignithting the flame - LOAFIE - 21-12-2007

Grouphug

RE: re ignithting the flame - Volvi - 22-12-2007

to lockdown a thread is a very legitimate tool to be used by an admin, means conversation closed. And I would say I had good reason to lock down not just that thread but the others that caused all the ruckus. If Im guilty of anything its not locking them all down sooner thereby not even getting Cam's post. You can call it censoreship, you can call it no free speech, you can call it dictatorship all of that is fine by me, because guess what? Thats what moderation of a forum IS. Get with the times and live with it, you cant? find a board that you can live with. But any sensible board will have to have "censoreship" AKA "moderation" by moderator/admin.

I have been way too lax and easygoing in the past and relied on self censoreship, but in the end that never works because whilst all posters may moderate themselves and are able to behave you will always get that 1 or 2 dickheads that simply cant, they have no control over themselves. So in the end yes admins will have to moderate. Sorry if you dont like it, guess what? I dont like it either but am now forced too. Happy holidays.

RE: re ignithting the flame - kawasuki - 22-12-2007

black13 Wrote:george orwell 1984, if you aint seen it watch it

There u go blacky (your not a abbo are u ?/) sorry if u are mate just the name . Arh when some one is on the forum is there name supposed to be up on th esurfing section?

RE: re ignithting the flame - kawasuki - 22-12-2007

Volvi Wrote:to lockdown a thread is a very legitimate tool to be used by an admin, means conversation closed. And I would say I had good reason to lock down not just that thread but the others that caused all the ruckus. If Im guilty of anything its not locking them all down sooner thereby not even getting Cam's post. You can call it censoreship, you can call it no free speech, you can call it dictatorship all of that is fine by me, because guess what? Thats what moderation of a forum IS. Get with the times and live with it, you cant? find a board that you can live with. But any sensible board will have to have "censoreship" AKA "moderation" by moderator/admin.

I have been way too lax and easygoing in the past and relied on self censoreship, but in the end that never works because whilst all posters may moderate themselves and are able to behave you will always get that 1 or 2 dickheads that simply cant, they have no control over themselves. So in the end yes admins will have to moderate. Sorry if you dont like it, guess what? I dont like it either but am now forced too. Happy holidays.

U have some good ideas sometimes volvi.