Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
metzeler sportec M3 tyres - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: metzeler sportec M3 tyres (/showthread.php?tid=8218)

Pages: 1 2 3

metzeler sportec M3 tyres - black13 - 30-09-2007

g'day, fitted M3s yesterday, i'm very pleased with them,although 1 ride maybe a bit premature in judgement,but I found they warm up quickly & hang well when pushed hard. I found that the busa feels very stable when leaned & pushing hard through bends ,there was no chattering over rough surfaces when leaned over & the harder I pushed the better they felt. Don't know about the wear factor but will update as more kms are put on themBiker

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - BUSGO - 01-10-2007

Hi Paul,
A lot of us are using the M3s and have been for a long time.
They are ideal for fast sports touring.

You can expect about 10,000 out of a set but the last 2 or 3 thousand ks start to get a bit twitchy as the tread pattern goes off the front sides.

There is a Z6 pattern made from the same spec rubber and they are even better in wet weather and last for the same duration.

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - Gnarbunkle99 - 01-10-2007

Just put a set on mine, very confidence inspiring and they don't seem to disintegrate as fast as some of the other brands that other are wearing.

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - Rev - 03-10-2007

I had one on the back of my K 1200 S & it lasted 10,000 k's including the Jindy blast. No complaints at all. Pi_thumbsup

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - Gnarbunkle99 - 18-10-2007

Mine seems to be lasting, 10+ burnouts, a few high speed runs etc, for comparison sake, the M1 would have been almost worn out by now.

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - BUSGO - 28-11-2007

I see an ad in a magazine that says that the M1s that were gonna be fazed out are back on the market.

They are slightly softer than the M3s. About the same wear ability of the BT014s.
But a pair is only about $450 fitted whereas the M3s are a bit over $500.

Personally I get better use out of the M3s. I am not that hard on the throttle most of the time.

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - black13 - 28-11-2007

ive done about 2500km on the m3s now, i like them , they suit my riding, which is slow , with the odd burst of insanity, jindy ride will be a good indicator of wear, 3000kms in the next 5 days, hopefully not many plods about so i can get upto warp speed there & back

cheers

roll on jindy Biker

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - Gnarbunkle99 - 29-11-2007

I believe that the M1 came out in a "busa spec", mine were not the "busa spec" and did not last long at all. My M3 set have outlived my old M1 set.

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - Astro - 10-12-2007

Just about to change tyres. Got just over 9,500km out of the M1's and they've been great. Damn... even on bugger all tread, they hang on.

Thinking about the M3's this time around. Anyone got an update? M3's still the go? I'm not a scratcher or a speed demon.

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - Louwai - 17-12-2007

I've got an M3 on the front. Coming up on 10,000ks & still going strong.

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - black13 - 17-12-2007

Astrobusa Wrote:Just about to change tyres. Got just over 9,500km out of the M1's and they've been great. Damn... even on bugger all tread, they hang on.

Thinking about the M3's this time around. Anyone got an update? M3's still the go? I'm not a scratcher or a speed demon.

ive done 5500ks on m3s, including 2800ks of high speed touring in 4 days to jindy & back,best tyres i have used for my riding style,front looks good for at least another 5000ks, the rear is getting down now, but still giving good grip. i think they're great
cheers & beers for xmas
Jindy Loop

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - kawasuki - 17-12-2007

black13 Wrote:
Astrobusa Wrote:Just about to change tyres. Got just over 9,500km out of the M1's and they've been great. Damn... even on bugger all tread, they hang on.

ive done 5500ks on m3s, including 2800ks of high speed touring in 4 days to jindy & back,best tyres i have used for my riding style,front looks good for at least another 5000ks, the rear is getting down now, but still giving good grip. i think they're great
cheers & beers for xmas
Jindy Loop

We will have to get those edges balled up a bit Paul???
Jindy Loop

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - black13 - 17-12-2007

kawasuki Wrote:
black13 Wrote:

cheers & beers for xmas
Jindy Loop

We will have to get those edges balled up a bit Paul???
Jindy Loop

hmmm, managed that trying to keep up with you lot on the jindy loop, best ride ive had, found out that i can ride faster in the wet aswell
cheers & beers for xmas

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - kawasuki - 17-12-2007

Lol2 Nothin like a bit of water Paul.
and same to u with the beers etc

RE: metzeler sportec M3 tyres - spamanglenn - 18-12-2007

as they are the heaviest tyre on the market the front is a secret mod for the drags in wheelie prevention.