Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Alth Brakes - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Alth Brakes (/showthread.php?tid=7658)

Pages: 1 2

Alth Brakes - Busanthony - 09-07-2007

I just got these rotors off ray (KAWASUKI),
i have not had a chance to bolt them on, but i will do a review once
i have... in the meantime there is this:-
http://sportbiketrackgear2.homestead.com/althrotors.html

[Image: IMG_0976.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0975.jpg]

RE: Alth Brakes - Gnarbunkle99 - 09-07-2007

Nice looking gear Dude!

RE: Alth Brakes - Madmax - 16-07-2007

When can we expect the write-up?

Max:aussieHayabusa:aussie

RE: Alth Brakes - Busanthony - 16-07-2007

I am going down to the local bike shop on saturday morning to install them (booked in @competition motorcycles), i don't have the right tools to do it myself... i will have to bed in the new ferrodo pads that ray sent with them too before doing a write up.

anyone know the proper bed in procedure for new pads/ rotors? Confused

Madmax Wrote:When can we expect the write-up?

RE: Alth Brakes - kawasuki - 19-07-2007

Busanthony Wrote:I am going down to the local bike shop on saturday morning to install them (booked in @competition motorcycles), i don't have the right tools to do it myself... i will have to bed in the new ferrodo pads that ray sent with them too before doing a write up.

anyone know the proper bed in procedure for new pads/ rotors? Confused

Madmax Wrote:When can we expect the write-up?

http://www.braketech.com/techtalk_article.php?id=4

RE: Alth Brakes - Busanthony - 20-07-2007

thanks ray Pi_thumbsup

RE: Alth Brakes - Busanthony - 24-07-2007

The write up

The rotors are bolted on Ray's Alth rotors/ Ferrodo pad combo Saturday morning Clap

They are thicker than standard rotors, making slotting in new pads a bit tricky but after a 2 hours front and rear were installed.

i sent the mechanic for the first 'test' ride, just in case there were any poblems or strange noises.

he came back with a nervous twitch, shaking his head... whats wrong? i said. the brakes are awesome he said but you did not tell me this bike is lethal.... apparently he thought he would open it full throttle in 3rd (never have ridden a hayabusa before) and the back tyre started frying up (spinning) so he was rear wheel sideways @100kp/ hr Ghastly. i suppose the rear was a bit ratty and it was a cold morning. i told him the busa needs to be ridden with respect or it will spit you off.

anyway i rode the busa home on the freeway mainly and "feeling" the brakes as i cruised for 50kms both front and rear being careful not to over heat or glaze by short by not too hard braking. by the time i got home i pull in to my local streets braking with one finger... what an improvement. Trophy

i will keep you posted to see how they progress or if there are any problems

RE: Alth Brakes - BLACKZOOK - 24-07-2007

Looking good mate they should improve even further when fully bedded in.

A word of warning - be careful around those discs especially when cleaning the wheels. Wave rotors get a razor sharp edge from the pad sweeping all the way to the outer edge. Many people have needed stitches from brushing along the edge.

RE: Alth Brakes - Busanthony - 24-07-2007

great tip!
i will get my girlfriend to wash it Ghastly

RE: Alth Brakes - Madmax - 24-07-2007

Thanks for the report, it sounds like you are on the money bloke. Very Happy

RE: Alth Brakes - spamanglenn - 24-07-2007

Glad they worked out for you.We were looking forward to the results as these haven,t been tried by us unlike the braketech ductile iron.These may be a possible alternative for people if the braketechs are too slow in forthcoming.

RE: Alth Brakes - NEMESIS - 25-07-2007

Fried in the 3rd gear?
What the hells done to your bike!

Yeh i notice when the tires cold,its kinda fry city,but not in 3rd hahA :S
Mines a stocky.

RE: Alth Brakes - kawasuki - 25-07-2007

Tyers do have something to do with it, i have spun up in 3rd on the the way to a track day I was on about 120 and in 3rd and overtook a Truck and it went side ways. But now u have the good anchors to pull it up.

RE: Alth Brakes - Busanthony - 25-07-2007

It happens as Ray said! i have had the busa tuned by Ronnie balls it made a huge difference along with the TRE-GI PRO map#6/ Full Yoshi system/ stock gearing/ 40psi Front &rear.Hayabusa

i presume my 'barely legal' Michelin sportmax... makes it act like a rattle snake. Wtf i have a set of new BT-15's to install asap.Happy_bday

BTW i can't believe the busa pulls up with one finger braking, its like a parachute now Trophy

NEMESIS Wrote:Fried in the 3rd gear?
What the hells done to your bike!

Yeh i notice when the tires cold,its kinda fry city,but not in 3rd hahA :S
Mines a stocky.

kawasuki Wrote:Tyers do have something to do with it, i have spun up in 3rd on the the way to a track day I was on about 120 and in 3rd and overtook a Truck and it went side ways. But now u have the good anchors to pull it up.

RE: Alth Brakes - NEMESIS - 25-07-2007

0h ok cool!

Yeh i got mine serviced by ron as well,hes a gun.
Yeh tires make a huge difference.