Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Looking for a Used Busa ! - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Non Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: Not Bike Related (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Looking for a Used Busa ! (/showthread.php?tid=6258)

Pages: 1 2

Looking for a Used Busa ! - BusaBill - 26-01-2001

Hi every one I live in the Sydney area and would like to by a good used busa.
I would like to by red one if possible or a bronze copper 99 Mod. As long as the kays are resonable but the bike must be in exelent cond with reaonably good rubber.
I am looking to spend around 10 to 14 grand mark for a good busa ...Any busa out there.? I would rather by one from you guys than going to a bike shop.
Thanks guys.....

Re: Looking for a Used Busa ! - rev 01 - 26-01-2001

10-14 ? I don't think so. You have to pay for quality & as always you only get what you pay for !!! The value of the 99
model has been further enhanced by the later model restrictions.

Re: Looking for a Used Busa ! - BusaBill - 29-01-2001

Yeah well how much is a used busa worth?
Please I am asking politely ?
The 2000 model is 19300 on road and has no restrictions.
Don't be fooled by the restrictions they are completely a voluntary act for the manufactures to decide and belive me bikes can only get faster just as much as technology increases and has no restrictions.
So how much will you sell your bike ? $$$$ please give us a description of its condition and mileage. Just asking so I can get an idea .....Many thanks mate ...Bill.....

Re: Looking for a Used Busa ! - Volvi - 29-01-2001

Hiya Bill,

I have a 99 copper and have no desire to sell, besides totally loving my bike, I feel the copper is unique as the first with it's unusual colour, that perhaps some years to come it may well be very sought after.

As to what it's worth, I reckon a minimum $15.000 up to 30 thou klms. and more or less stock. I have full akropovic racer system on which I'd want at the least an extra grand for. Making mine $16.000.

The general retail price you will find in the shops and papers is $14.990. Trade ins at around 12.5 - 13. Though no one should trade their Busa but rather sell it privately.

There maybe someone I know who might be selling their copper Busa soon, only coz he may fancy the k1 model. But in general expect to pay anywhere between 14.5 and 15 depending on the condition.

Good Luck.......it's a bike well worth having.

"and belive me bikes can only get faster "
I think the Busa may be the last production bike with this kind of speeds. Again making it well sought after.

Oh, my bike has done almost 25k, and is now rated 177 HP.

Re: Looking for a Used Busa ! - paul100 - 29-01-2001

"As long as the kays are resonable but the bike must be in exelent cond with reaonably good rubber.
I am looking to spend around 10 to 14 grand mark for a good busa "

Tell im e's dreamin' !!!!
$14000 minimum....

paulh

Re: Looking for a Used Busa ! - demeester - 30-01-2001

Insurance is quoting $15200 as market value for a 99, and they didn't ask about k's

Looking for a Used Busa ! - JP - 30-01-2001

I,m selling my 99 copper model. Has Akropavic and the usual mods - 181 HP. $14500 with spares.

Re: Looking for a Used Busa ! - Volvi - 30-01-2001

Great price JP! and with spares, you can't go wrong.

Especially after knowing you have always maintained it well, never ceasing to add ponies to it. What does that mean JP, you going for the new GSXR1000 or another Busa?

Re: Looking for a Used Busa ! - BusaBill - 30-01-2001

Thankyou all for the terrific replies. Now I know what to pay for in regards to a used but loved busa.
Thanks again !
Ohh Gee's I almost forgot ! I would like to know how long does a rear tyre last under normal riding conditions.?
I saw a price for a rear and it was priced at $354.
I plan to do a min of 300 kays per week or 15600 kays per year.I wonder how many rear tyres will I use during this milage.?
I dont really care what brand the tyres are and I dont intend to grind the foot pegs on the bitumen or anything like that.Just want to got to work with a beast and enjoy it.

WOW!! - Heidi1 - 30-01-2001

SHOP AROUND!

$354 is WAY too much to pay for a rear, no matter what it is. I tend to get away with under $300 fitted. 207s run at about $280, not much difference for the Pilots or Bridgestones. Where are you based?

HEIDI xxx

P.S. Yeah I know, I am talking WAAYY too much, but I am still stuck at work researching internet award sites so I am spending all my time on the net today. It isn't as fun as you'd think.

P.P.S. Nice to have you here Bill, always had a soft spot for Bills.....

Re: WOW!! - demeester - 31-01-2001

Yes, $354 is extremely high.

15000 k's a year is about what I am doing, commuting to work with occasional (and not frequent enough) longer outings. I am still on my 2nd rear tyre, and first front. First (Bridgestone) gave me almost 8,000, and the 2nd (Dunlop) is well on its way to 10,000. But, I do not ride it hard, particularly taking off at lights, and there are many in the group who are getting far lower mileage.

Re: Looking for a Used Busa ! - Hayabusa1999 - 31-01-2001

I just paid $300.00 for rear and $179 for front tyres fitted a month back, I changed to dunlops so far so good just hope they last longer than 4000k's.. Maybe I might think about selling my bike to you bill.. 99 Red/black 12500k's and I might buy a postie bike so I can ride with Heidi...

Re: Looking for a Used Busa ! - paul100 - 31-01-2001

Tyre wear...300 bucks these days. I paid 400 for my first one. IT lasted 10 weeks (erl Deb to easter) of summer riding (commuting and weekends) before I saw canvas all around the circumference...ouch. But the next one lasted from weekafter easter until erly August...but that was 9000kms of commuting over Winter. The current one has lasted the longest.. but it should go real soon and included 2-3 months of not much riding (no commuting).

paulh

Re: Looking for a Used Busa ! - Hayabusa1999 - 01-02-2001

Just put a new rear tyre on today, wow my last one only lasted 800 klm's bloody nail never had a chance to wear this one out... they don't like to patch these tyres here because they say it to dangerous.. guess its better to be safe than sorry.. only thing that pisses me off it the second time its happened..

Re: Looking for a Used Busa ! - demeester - 01-02-2001

Interesting debate, the patched tyre one. For every "experienced rider who races all the time and would have no qualms about using it patched" you can find another who says "it just aint worth the risk". When I got a nail, I had no major outings coming, so patched it, and kept it under 200 till it was time for a replacement (I probably could have got 500 or more out, still, but was keen to change).