Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
LIFE AFTER CCT COLLAPSE - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Non Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: Not Bike Related (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: LIFE AFTER CCT COLLAPSE (/showthread.php?tid=6230)

LIFE AFTER CCT COLLAPSE - busababy - 27-11-2000

well i finally got my bike back from suzuki 5 weeks after my cct collapsed,,

firstly, i must say that getting on the bike for the first time after 5 weeks, i was 're-struck' by the sheer magnificence of the HAYABUSA, in fact i found it so light and smooth that i was a bit nervous that it may just slide out from under me,,

you should all give up riding your busas for a while just to experience that wonderful sensation of riding it for the first time after a lengthy layoff - it sure is a turnon,,

well i am not sure what the hell suzuki did to my bike apart from a new cylinder head, valves, guides etc to fix the damage, but boy does it go, the slightest snap of the throttle in first and the front points to the heavens, frightened the hell out of me at first, it sure never did that before and i certainly ain't no mono expert,,

once i regained some of my confidence with my busa (about an hour or so) i started to experiment a bit, and all i can say is wow!! forget your mods and looking for extra ponies go and ask suzuki what they did to my bike,,

cheers
les

ps anyone got a spare licence ????? Edited by: busababy at: 11/27/00 11:17:43 pm

back on the busa - jamie - 27-11-2000

Dont know how you could go 5 weeks without the busa Les.I find it hard to go 2 days without getting on mine.Had it on the dyno and am now getting 168hp.
To say im rapt is an understatement

Re: back on the busa - busababy - 27-11-2000

hi jamie,,

well it wasn't easy being without my busa i can readily admit that, but as i didn't get too many offers of a loan busa, i really had no other choice but to suffer and suffer i did,,

to tell you the truth jamie, after the first week without it, i was already hatching a plan whereby i would buy a second hand one and flog it when i got mine back - i was delerious, even bought the trading post,,

i do have to admit tho that volvi very generously offered me a loan of his on the basis that "whenever you feel like a fix les, you can always borrow mine for a ride,,"

now that was a real nice offer and whilst i was very tempted to take him up on it during a couple of weaker moments, i resisted, i felt that i had to endure my punishment without showing any signs of weakness, and survive it i did and i am definitely a better person for it,,

i now love my busa even more than i love my kids (just kidding) nearly tho,,

cheers
les