Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Hayabusa Holden - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: Hayabusa Holden (/showthread.php?tid=5976)

Hayabusa Holden - rocket rod 7777 - 14-02-2003

I was reading in the paper today about the latest monaro being released.Its got a 7 litre engine,420kw of power and a top speed of around 300km/h.On paper it almost sounds as good as a busa.How much for one of these little numbers,try $215,000.Cheap compaired to the busa.....NOT! $215,000 for a holden,tell them they're dreamin.Lets hope the cops dont get them ....later Rod.

Re: Hayabusa Holden - demeester - 14-02-2003

At 215thou, they wont become your average squad car

RE:Hayabusa Holden - rocket rod 7777 - 14-02-2003

This is true,but i read a few months ago that the cops were considering getting some saabs......WHO KNOWS?

Re: Hayabusa Holden - GDYUP - 14-02-2003

They don't need them for a squad cars! Just shitty old four wheel drives have been know to catch Busa's.
(Sorry Richard)
Cheers Phil

Re: Hayabusa Holden - ac boosa - 14-02-2003

must have been on of those 8ltr supercharged 4WD's.

I saw the Monaro in question at the motorshow. Looks just like any other old Monaro - give me 10 Hayabusa's anyday.

Re: Hayabusa Holden - peter altas - 18-02-2003

lol gdyup.......

but the holden is a joke...... to compete with porsche, get real guys. Next they'll think they can match the McLaren F1.

I understand they'll be limited and a collectors item, but who would want a 200k holden?????

Take a 5.7 HSV, throw on 50k of performance mods and whooph..... 300km/h. And all for around the $120 mark. But if you're gonna spend that kinda money, just buy a GTR Skyline and you're at 300km/h already before spending anymore.

Stuff it, buy a busa for $15k, that's the option i took instead of the GTR, and i had enough change left over to buy a house too!

Hayabusa Holden - rocket rod 7777 - 19-02-2003

Thats if you can keep oil in the thing.G.M faulty pistons&rings i believe.

Re: Hayabusa Holden - ac boosa - 19-02-2003

In defence of the Holden, didnt it win the Bathurst 24 hour race up against or the Euro cars or something? Pretty good for a brand new model.

RE:Holden hayabusa - rocket rod 7777 - 19-02-2003

This is true A.C but the porsche was up about 5 laps with 6 hours to go until it broke a driveshaft.They brought it in fixed the shaft and then drove it into a wall.Also it was a depleated field.No gtr's,nsx's,vipers or lambo's.Still you can only beat wots there.

Re: RE:Holden hayabusa - ac boosa - 19-02-2003

gimme the 'porcha anyday

Holden hayabusa - rocket rod 7777 - 19-02-2003

Personally i'm a godzilla fan.Give me a Nissan GTR anyday.

Re: Holden hayabusa - demeester - 20-02-2003

We all had you figured out for the Skyline already, Rocket.

The NSX is my flavour, in appearance anyway. Had a boss once who took one on a test drive. Was stationery at a red light when someone rear ended him. The salesman was in the passenger seat. I believe he let off gas, only just short of shitting his own pants when it happened!

RE:Holden hayabusa - rocket rod 7777 - 20-02-2003

I guess the bottom line is they are all "JUST CARS"

Re: RE:Holden hayabusa - rev 01 - 20-02-2003

The Bathurst race wasn't a true test of the Monaro's abilities
as it had a non standard 7 (seven) litre donk in it ! Not like you can buy that over the counter just yet !

Nice looking car all the same.

Re: RE:Holden hayabusa - Beestroyer - 20-02-2003

Plus it was geared to the shi house to keep the rpm's down so it wouldnt blow up. You cant drive with that gearing around the street.