Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Hayabusa Parts - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: Hayabusa Parts (/showthread.php?tid=5588)

Pages: 1 2

Hayabusa Parts - AustBusaClub - 11-04-2001

Hello again,

Nice to see the board and club going strong !

I was sent this in the Virtual Mail Box which might be of interest to you guys and gals.

Unfortunately I will be without Busa shortly due to impending move. Unless I get a decent job offer shortly.

Peter Lee

Checkered Flag Pty Ltd
A.C.N. 0055 727 382 A.B.N. 33511228686
"Greenvalley" McBride Road, Upper Beaconsfield
Victoria, Australia 3808
tel 03 59444194 fax 03 59444197 mob 0429802210
e-mail elgee@netspace.net.au

To Peter Lee

Hayabusa Club

Dear Peter,

I have just looked at your web page after a Hayabusa owning friend told me about it.

I am the Australian agent for Powerbronze, manufacturers of plastic bits for bikes. Products include Air flow bubble screens which push the air up higher making the almost impossible task of getting your head down easier. I use one on my Blackbird and I have good reports from Hayabusa owners. AMCN will be fitting one to their Project Busa before it goes to the winner. There is a new products piece in the latest issue about the products. We also have a hugger to keep all the dirt off the rear shock, and a tailguard that eliminates the ugly rear guard giving it a racing look as well as a new front guard that is much better than the rather heavy looking original. I am importing these parts in a carbon look plastic, looks the same as carbon but is cheaper and does not shatter although it is still light. The Screens, which I reckon are great, come in clear, dark tint and light tint as well a number of wild colours. I can send you pics if you want to put them on your web page. These parts are also available for most bikes. I am happy to offer a discount or free delivery to your members.

Regards

Gary Hill

Re: Hayabusa Parts - JFR - 14-04-2001

Hi,Fitted one of Garys bubble screens and easter friday spent most of the day fitting rear hugger and mods to the air box.to test these changes a quick ride was in order,I have to say the throttle blips on down shifts were sharper and a small increase in induction sound were worth the worry of modifications to the existing spec.The best things with the bubble screen were less wind at cruising speed without the sore neck but most of all a simple thing that annoys most tall riders on busas is being able to see the indicator warning lights.The hugger runs real close to that fat rear tyre and does what a hugger does ? What ever that is.Safe easter JF.

Re: Hayabusa Parts - demeester - 17-04-2001

JFR - got a digital camera or scanner? Photos of the screen? I believe it is different to the Zero Gravity Double Bubble, or is that the one?

Re: Hayabusa Parts - busababy - 17-04-2001

Richard, look under our topic "Busatrikbits"

les

Re: Hayabusa Parts - demeester - 17-04-2001

I wanted a picture of it fitted.

Powerbronze Double Bubble - OLD CAHN - 18-04-2001

G'day all,

I purchased one of these recently.......I am very disappointed personally.
Poor fit and the f ' n thing Vibrates.......Good wind protection though. Maybe mine was a "lemon" or they have improved them since. I took it off, put the standard back on.
An expensive exercise though.

Later

Re: Powerbronze Double Bubble - demeester - 18-04-2001

I have heard that the vibrations/fit can be improved by running a strip of insulation tape over the fitting edge. I don't know this, as I have not seen it or done it, but vaguely remember reading this somewhere...

Actually, check out PL's page - I remember something about screen vibrations there!

Re: Powerbronze Double Bubble - busababy - 18-04-2001

hi old cahn,,

if you are dissatisfied with the product and you say you bought it recently, why not contact the supplier/importer and request a full refund, to which you would be entitled if the product doesn't fully satisfy the criteria it was made and sold for,,

furthermore, i would have thought they would be keen to hear your complaint if they want to successfully sell these products in the local marketplace,,

cheers
les

Re: Powerbronze Double Bubble - demeester - 18-04-2001

On this page:

www.hyp4r.com/hayabusa/hayabusa.htm

there is a statement "find out how to fix the vibey screen", but I can't actually find where that info is. If anyone finds it, please post the link.

Powerbronze Double Bubble - OLD CAHN - 18-04-2001

G'day,
I ordered my double bubble through a bike dealer accessory dept after seeing them in "Superbike Mag" U.K. It looked OK.... but I was not happy with the way it performed. On returning the product I was told that there was no refund on "used" accessories. The dealer now has it on consignment on my behalf.
I never thought of trying to contact the manufacturers direct as the item was imported specifically for me, prior to any distibution set - up here in Australia.

Jeff

Re: Hayabusa Parts - OhzOne - 18-04-2001

G`day all,
I have tried the vibrating screen fix and it worked completely for me
here is the text I downloaded from "Martins site"

The screen is secured to the fairing by 2 screws near the mirror. Taking the securing nut out was easy, using the standard toolkit but the rubber bit is another story. The rubber bit is NOT a washer. It's a plastic tube that has a lump in the middle. The holding nut is moulded inside this tube. You must pull out the tube washer before taking the screen off, its about 1.5 cm long. When the nut is tightened the rubber compresses hence tightening the screen.

Anyway, once the tube washer is taken out, the screen can be pulled off by sitting on the seat and pulling it towards you. Once out of the fairing you will see the recessed edges of the screen that slots into the fairing. I used electrical tape to over ALL the edges (at least 2 layers). Don't use too much or you'll be able to see the tape when the screen is inserted back and the fit will be really tight and the securing nut will not be able to be screwed back in. Make sure ALL the edges have been covered or the screen will vibrate in a different place.

Once completed insert the screen back into the fairing aligning the securing holes. The tube washer can then be inserted back in. You may find this difficult because when you try to push the tube in the lump expands making the tube wider hence too big. The secret is to loosely put the bolt into the tube and nut place it into the fairing hole and with the hex-tool from the top and push the tube in. If aligned correctly the tube goes in without any effort. Why, put placing the bolt in and pushing from the top expands the tube, making it thinner, the lump in the middle flattens out ! Tighten the screen and go for a test spin. hopefully if you've taped the right areas on the screen the vibration should disappear. Well, it worked for me !

Regards Brian

Re: Hayabusa Parts - demeester - 19-04-2001

Thanks OhZone

Old Cahn, would that fix your problem?

Finally, just got this email

Quote: From: "Gary and Linda Hill"
To:
Subject: Screen Problems

I am sorry to see that some people have had problems. If they contact me I will be happy to try to get the problems rectified with the manufacturer.

Just email me and I will get an answer, even if the part was bought elsewhere before I took on the agency.

Regards
Gary Hill

Re: Hayabusa Parts - JFR - 23-04-2001

Hi,About that screen fitment,I did look and try several options to fit it because at first try most people would fire it over the fence.Having seen OHZONE post thats what you have to do exactly but mine didnt require any tape.

jf

Re: Hayabusa Parts - Bad Kev - 24-04-2001

i fitted a double bubble screen about 9months ago
and have had no probs with it
on the other hand i also fitted a headlight protector
which flew of and hit me helmet at about 60mph
just aswell it wasnt any lower. So in case any 1 else has 1 fitted check the velcro that holds it on and use plenty of it

Re: Hayabusa Parts - Lethal Busa - 24-04-2001

Hi Bad kev
I fitted a Ventura brand headlight protector some months ago I've got to say that was one of the things on my mind but it hasn't come off yet. I cleaned down both surfaces with surgical alcohol it contains no oil I put on 4 Velcro tabs it works well I have had my bike up to speeds of 260kph its still there. The double bubble screen is the next thing I would like to fit I think they are a good idea I find it annoying that you cant see the top section of the dash