Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
crazy crew needed - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: crazy crew needed (/showthread.php?tid=5429)

crazy crew needed - hawkwind racing - 29-05-2003

G'day
new to this list ,after anyone interested in becoming a crew member to assist me for 1 week every march at Lake gairdner for speed week ( land speed racing ) I'll be running two bikes a one off radical handmade custom based on a zx10 motor highly modified and using methanol and 3 stage nitrous injection and a newly acquired 99 bussa which is being converted to a 500HP turbo monster Im located outside of the ACT anyone interesded can contact me on 02 62366323 after 5 pm ,come on all you crazies
Gary

Re: crazy crew needed - ac boosa - 29-05-2003

f***. move up to QLD my friend and I'll do it. 500HP

welcome to tha board

adrian

Re: crazy crew needed - busababy - 29-05-2003

yohooo heidi,,, where are you???????

Re: crazy crew needed - kamakazebusa - 29-05-2003

I'm in. Can we run our own bikes as well..? In the process of building a 300hp nitrous busa.

Is it only a once a year affair..? would like to know more info about this land speed racing. Iv'e never known australia to have sucha thing.........

Cheers......Paul

outside act - Beestroyer - 30-05-2003

How far outside the ACT? Im in Vic... thats outside the ACT isnt it?

GREAT SNAPPING TURTLES! - Heidi1 - 30-05-2003

That sounds like TOP FUN! When is speed week (and does it interfear with Library Week)? Where the hell is Lake Gardiner and what would I have to do. At this stage I am in, but I need a bit more info. If nothing else, I'd love to see the bikes. I am IN Canberra.

HEIDI xxx

hang on - Heidi1 - 30-05-2003

I've just found out where Lake Gairdner is
www.dlra.org.au/lgairdner.htm

Less excited now, but still keen to see the bikes.

HEIDI xxx

Re: hang on - hawkwind racing - 30-05-2003

G'day
for those who replied and are interested here is a bit more info , Im a member of the DLRA ( dry lake racers Australia ) and Lake Gairdner is a huge salt lake in SA where a bunch of crazies ( bikes and cars ) get together every March for a week of SPEED with the aim of going as fast as you can in a vehicle class, most aim for 200mph (312kph) or faster I am personally aiming for 250 mph with the bikes and 350 mph with the streamliner you can check out the DLRA on www.dlra.org.au . I believe that one of your members Rick hay ran a bussa a couple of years ago at 175 mph a couple of others have run bikes up to 194mph ,anyone can race you just need to join the club and purchase a rule book ,set up your bike to conform to the rules .
anyone that is serious give me a bell and we can get together , im in Sydney from time to time and melbourne a couple of times a year . and canberra almost every day , happy to talk to any one with an interest
Gary