Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
potential newbie - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: potential newbie (/showthread.php?tid=4017)

Pages: 1 2

potential newbie - monyx - 11-03-2006

Well I've thrown a leg over a 'busa but yet to ride one...which is making it difficult to make a decision. Today's demo was a short punt on new CBR1100XX up the Hume from Canberra then back via Qybn on Sutton Rd. Nice bike, id overlooked it before - bit bland, unremarkable in appearance and little less sporty than I seek.

I'm expecting the 'busa stomps all over its bottom-end performance i.e. the 99 N.m. @ 3,000 rpm in theory has me hooked! (AMCN torque table).

'05 models near me that are tempting but getting up to new prices are:
red/black 5,800 kms stock w/ helmet $15k
black/silver 1k kms Yoshi cans, bagster & bag $16.8k

New '06 $18.5 ride-away...but the rumours about a big update to counter the ZX-14 (and yes I'm reading all about that one too waiting for it to arrive) has me wondering if 12mths wait is worthwhile.

I don't much do touring (this would change with a big bike), only get as far as the coast mainly (320km round trip) so the bike needs to be one enjoyed town commute occassionaly (Canberra) and 1-2 hrs short rides mainly

Pillion accommodation?? Not sure if 'busa is really suited to pillion, rear pegs look bit high - how does your partner rate it as pillion pax??

Previous rides: Pantah 500, Yam RD AC & LC, RG500 Gamma, Paso 906, GSXR11, VTR1000...I like torquey motors so 'busa is heaven I imagine.

Re: potential newbie - Xhiler8r - 11-03-2006

mate the pillion aspect of the Busa is great I havent met any pillion that has complained about being on the back of a Busa yet they are a very streetable bike with heaps of potential and a hell of a lot of after market bits on offer unlike the rest of the field if you want something that has been modded to just about its potential have alook at mine here

my bike

my bike for sale

have a look at all the extras on it Cheers Bill

The Blingaholic

pity it's not a K3... - monyx - 11-03-2006

Yep..very nice and been looking over it recently...now if only was a K3 with the 32-bit CPU ;-)

pity it's not a K3... - andycool - 11-03-2006

Bill I have been telling People about it Mate !!

If I wanted another Busa and had the money I would SNAP it up, its a GREAT YEAR!!!!!
Blue Thunder!!!!

Andrew :)

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!Edited by: andycool  at: 11/3/06 8:28 pm

Re: pity it's not a K3... - Xhiler8r - 11-03-2006

dont get me wrong guys if it sells so be it if it doesnt even better I am hoping it doesnt sell before April 1st so I can go to the shootout but lets wait and see Cheers Bill

The Blingaholic

Busa Buyer - BUSGO - 11-03-2006

MonyX.
From the look of your bike history, you are about to become a busa owner. Once you get a ride on one you will wonder why it took you so long to find it - Just like me..

It doesn't make any difference whether they have a 16 bit ECU or a 32 bit one.. In fact I reckon the earlier models are better. But I am biased..

There is also an excellent Red / Black 99 for sale by one of our Canberra members if you look in the Buy Sell and Swap thread.
Heamaglobin is his name unless it is already sold.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!

Re: Busa Buyer - Max - 11-03-2006

I dare say a few of us rode GSXR11s and gravitated to the Bus because...there is nothing else like it on the market. Find one - Action usually have one for sale as second handers, speak to Daryl, he will give you a good price, if you're going to see Action, give Heidi or I a yell and we'll throw our collective bargaining power behind you. The Blackbird is very tame, however still a good smooth bike to ride. Test a Bus and see for yourself.

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.

Re: Busa Buyer - monyx - 12-03-2006

Turns out the 'busa @ Action is the '99 advertised here..I spoke to the owner today, but really looking at near new or new - I don't travel many k's annually so it will do me for some time.

I think I spoke to Daryl today - quote for insurance 35yo, max NCB @ $1700 but customer reports from Shannons seem much more competitive. After bit of chat a K6 was offered at the RRP but ride-away (Sydney stock)...tempting since I think blue/grey is new for K6? - atleast wasn't on the K5 I'm told by owners.

I'm really starting to like the Blue bling from Qld...or I could purchase my first ever *new* vehicle...closest I've come to new is a (3mths old WRX with 2k kms) whether the novelty is worth it at least I know how its been ridden from day one and the way some people clunk threw gears and don't warm things up before a thrash it might be a good idea.

Re: Busa Buyer - Max - 12-03-2006

Busdriver is a mate from Canberra, he bought a new K6, the blue and silver is bloody beautiful, not as quick as the black and blue, everyone knows black and blue goes faster than the other colours . If you come to the social sip this Wednesday night he may even be there to show you his bus. When you can have a newy for 18+ why would you bother with a second handy that is years old for 15+, mind you Bill's Black and Blue has had an awesome amount of money and time spent on it. Glad it's you having to make this choice and not I sir.

Cheers

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.

Busa Buyer - andycool - 12-03-2006

Hey Monyx

I think Bills Bus would be the best example of a Hyabusa you could get!!!

The money Bill has spent far out weighs the age of the bike and I am sure he has spent just as much on servicing that beast as he has spent making it look so very excellent!!!

Bill I believe is a bit older like myself and upkeep of the bike is a pride thing too and us older guys dont go thrashing our bikes to prove anything!!!

Bills Beast I would say would have cost him in excess of 30 grand all up. so buying it for 18 would be a steal, I get people coming to me everytime I ride and asking me wether my busa is the new model and its the same age as Bills

Arista will insure it for a much lesser premium I think or you have Shannons, hunt around!!
Anyway with the klms it has done its only just run in!!!!!!
Blue Thunder!!!!

Andrew :)

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!

Busa Buyer - Blackkat - 12-03-2006

Monyx,

Stop the chit chat go have a ride on one (even a 2nd hand one) and see for yourself.

Let us know what you think good or bad.

Good luck.

Leonard.

Re: Busa Buyer - monyx - 12-03-2006

Quote:Stop the chit chat go have a ride on one (even a 2nd hand one) and see for yourself

I'm tryn! Only test ride offered is agreed to be just an easy run to get feel for the bike since it's hardly run in and is still on the run-in oil which is a bit of concern as i'd of changed that pretty quick if its thin stuff like the WRX run-in oil from the factory?! It's a june or july 2005 model.

I'm this -><- close to just buying a new on spec without a ride - I spose people do that.

Re: potential newbie - Busdriver - 12-03-2006

Hi Potential Newbie.
I used to have a Kawa ZRX1200s. I took a second hand Bus for a ride and hated it. Could not get it to turn in. Lovely get up and go though. I thought it might be the huge back tyre.

Max then lent me the keys to his and then lent me them again. Very hard to give back. I opted for a new '06 in blue and grey. (it's a metallic paint job) Fitted it with a pair of Yoshi Tri-Oval cans. Niiice.

The 190/50 tyre on the back is no problem. It was the tyre pressures in the second handie.

I ummed and ard about the new ZX14 but I think it's going to be about 22K on road. Out of my range.

Rode the ZX12R and couldn't feel at ease on it. The Blackbird just didn't feel right. The Bus is nice and feels stable. Does need a higher screen though. You really have to hang on or tuck in when you get it wound up.

All I can say is ride a bunch of bikes on your short list, make sure the tyre pressures are correct, and go from there.

Max's black and blue one is faster than mine but he's as twisted as his throttle.

Regards, Busdriver

Re: potential newbie - monyx - 12-03-2006

Be very interested to hear the Yoshis, bike, colour, pipes I hate being a copy-cat but it all sounds just like my plan.

The Mrs doesn't pillion much - she only liked one bike I had years ago...GS1000 hack while I was at Uni, when I told her today's new equivalent was a $13k GSX1400 she said it was simple...get one of those!

Re: potential newbie - Busdriver - 13-03-2006

Here you go ptential newbie,

What an 06 blue and grey really looks like.

Regards, The Busdriver