Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Which Exhaust System to use ? - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Exhausts (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Which Exhaust System to use ? (/showthread.php?tid=2399)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Which Exhaust System to use ? - demeester - 07-02-2002

Most people will probably vote for their current pipes! In any case, I have the Megacycle slip ons myself. I only wanted pipes to round out the note, not for any power considerations - and I am very happy with these cans.

Advantage of having the cans from a local producer - when they got scratched up, I was able to get Megacycle to go over them again and clean them up beautifully, (for a nominal, but by no means excessive, fee) <i></i>

megacycle cans - Scott W - 09-02-2002

No doubt about it Richard, you have all angles covered. <i></i>

cans - jamie - 09-02-2002

I also run a set of megacycle cans.Thet are a good price at $800 a pair and look good to.As I used to work for them a few years ago I can tell you the quality of manufacture is right up there.And compared to the remus they are cheaper to. <i></i>

Re: cans - elvsy - 04-03-2002

I have used a set of Carbon Fibre Muzzy slip-ons, with PC2 and a BMC filter, the only failing with the Muzzy cans was the packing,,,,,,it lasted about a 1000ks, once repacked no probs. Have since installed a full Akro and diconnected and removed the pair valve system. Not only have I found the engine more responsive, but the foot peg and handle bar buzz has gone, as has the stumble stutter and ocassional back fire, I dont know if this is because of the pair valve removal or the exhaust............ but shes never run better. <i></i>

Which Exhaust System to use ? - AeroCat4 - 02-07-2002

I'm after some feedback on which Exhaust system or mufflers that would be best fitted to the Busa for price/economy/sound ? I'm tempted to go for the Remus pipes, but they may not be that good from your experience! And what's best - Stainless, Carbon Fibre, Titanium, etc.?

Please leave poll result on what you currently have fitted and maybe a comment if need be! Thanx, PeterStock Standard systemREMUSYOSHI-MURAMEGA-CYCLEOtherShow results <i></i>

Re: cans - Viking - 17-12-2003

I like the Yosh for the fit and finish, the ovals are nice and slim.

Viking <i></i>

Re: cans - rocket rod 7777 - 17-12-2003

Im happy with the staintunes,great finish. <i></i>

Re: Which Exhaust System to use ? - LARDASS - 17-12-2003

I use a pair of Ballistic cans They are polished alloy and have a custom built 3/4 length internal sleeve which gives them more roar than standard versions.They look and sound awesome,& thay come from Victoria.If the packing does die the Ballistic company will repack for free.lightest cans
on the market.Thay sound Ballistic.

<i></i>

WHATS THE BEST - Geoff - 05-02-2004

can somebody please tell me (honestly)how much better performance wise a gen3 hindle is compared to full yoshi .I have ayoshi but would change if there were big gains to be had.Any dyno graphs comparing the 2.
thanks <i></i>

Re: WHATS THE BEST - GDYUP - 05-02-2004

Love to see the dyno graphs on this one Geoff.
You never will. Keep your money in your pocket. The Yoshi rocks, great mid range. And lets face it, that's where we spend the most time. But please feel free to prove me wrong exhaust gurus out there.
Cheers, Phil. Yeah I know, I've got a Akro. I'd swap for a Yoshi though! <i></i>

Horsepower - gazza414 - 05-02-2004

Geoff, what do you consider big gains in power to be?

Have a think about that , and now think about an extra 2 to 4hp at the top end and whether or not you would notice the difference on a typical 155hp to 165hp bike..... what Phil is talking about WRT to mid range and crispness / cleaness in partial throttle applications means alot on the road.

There's the other benefit of reduced weight with Ti / SS and ally systems which you definately do notice over the std setup. There's also the extra noise which makes you believe you are going faster and probably what most of us like, is that the bike looks like we have made it to be more individualistic.........

as for big gains ........... naaaaaaa

my 2 bobs worth <i></i>

Zorsts - rev 01 - 05-02-2004

Gazza GDY: I would too All hail the king
Weight savings are the biggest gains with these things & if you get a few horses, that's a bonus <i></i>

Re: Zorsts - kamakazebusa - 05-02-2004

Iv'e got the Gen3 Hindle which i changed to from the yoshi ti high rise, the sound wasn't that different but the weight was. 2.5 kg lighter than yoshi and 3-5 mm bigger headers and steps all the way through. performance gains is hard to explain because i would have to start at the beginning of this saga and it would take forever. but to cut it short in my opinion it incresed hp all over but i ended up with 1.5 hp down up top due to other mods.

Did i make the right choice, well that depends on what u want the outcome to be, I'm going to milk the engine for what its worth (naturally aspirated) and then stick a bottle of NOS up her ass. the restriction of the pipe will allow u to go so far with hp, thats the reason i choose this pipe , it's specifically made for bigger cc aplications (like stroker cranks or big bore kits or NOS)......

My 1c worth...... <i></i>

WTF - GDYUP - 06-02-2004

Finally some sense on the board. Good input guys.
You can spend alot of money on exhausts for very little RWHP gains.
A bottle of Nos up the clacker will get the Busa producing good value for money power gains. Just don't hit the button mid corner...
Cheers, Phil. Will Santa give me the Nos this year??? <i></i>

yoshi v hindle - Geoff - 06-02-2004

Kama,
thanks for the input,as we all know you have to be pretty sharp to notice a 5 to 10hp increase on a busa it equates to very little in acceleration times but the question still remains did u do dyno comparos with both pipes?I would call a big gain 5hp all through compared to a yoshi,did u achieve that?
thanks. <i></i>