Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version (/showthread.php?tid=22269)

Pages: 1 2

My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - DjPete - 13-11-2014

Um I had a few incidents.
Full story coming soon!
:-)

RE: My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - Batfink - 13-11-2014

You back already Pete? Wow good thing you weren't on the new powerful Gixxer you might of got back before you left

RE: My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - DjPete - 13-11-2014

it was a 48 cannonball run. gixxer what the hell is that?

:-)

Look for shifu's thread..... It's a real laugh

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/showthread.php?tid=22265

ahaha
Could be the Hayabusa of 2099 if restrictions keep going!

Cans aren't big enough lol

RE: My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - bazman - 13-11-2014

RE: My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - Zoro - 13-11-2014

and then...

RE: My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - DjPete - 14-11-2014

It was a bit fresh to say the least at that time so I stopped and added my glove liners and put my warm singlet on as well. That helped a lot.
By 10am things had warmed up a bit and the sun was out and it was beautiful blue skies.
It was an awesome ride all the way there. For most of the ride I just had this grin on my face, it was awesome!
Sat on about 10k over the limit (120kph)
I know full well how getting booked on the start of a trip can put a dampener on the whole thing. Although I did have some stints at 130kph following the occasional more adventurous car drivers staying behind them and using them as cop bait.
Around 3.30pm
Arrived in Sydney, well Campbelltown (About 50k out of Sydney) where my motel was anyway. 10hr ride about 4 stops. Felt good no probs.
Room was tiny but clean. TV Shower (Not that I used it!) toilet bed sink. It was a Budget Ibis and I recommend them. Great value at I think around $80.
Have a 30min rest and relax, get boots of etc and then give the bike a quick clean with a cup of water and my enyo. Also lube the chain and I am all ready for the ride back in the morning, leaving around 6am and hoping to go via Canberra and the Snowies. Whoohoo!

I thought I would have dinner somewhere here local and then go into the city to find the Stadium. But then I had a brainwave (Rare for me. :-))
What if something goes wrong and I get lost or something finding this place?
So I decided I would leave now (around 4pm) go to the venue then see if there is somewhere nearby to eat. Good play. Haha, on ya Pete you surprise me sometimes.

So get redressed in gear, check everything, ask for direction from chap downstairs at reception. He gives me simple instructions, straight down the m5 to city and turn off just before. I say fine I will get to there and then ask someone to make sure.
I did have the address in my phone navigator and had a set of headphones too but didn't think I would need it.( I had tried to velcro my smartphone on tank and handlebars for test when back home but it just didn't seem secure enough and I thought the first big bump I hit my smartphone will come crashing off. So I decided to go for headphones and rely just on voice instructions if needed.)

Anyway off I go.
Things are looking good.
Military style precision on the trip Pete. Well done!

This is where things started to go pearshaped...

To be continued..

RE: My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - DjPete - 16-11-2014

I get halfway down the m5 motorway and remember that I left the ticket in my bag in the room, so next exit I get off and attempt to get back on the motorway and then back onto Hume Hwy again to get back to motel. I get lost for 20mins and eventually see what I did wrong. Get the ticket and off I go again.

I get onto the m5 motorway again and its bumper to bumper traffic, and I have 50klms to go yet!
Not happy, filter through the traffic when I can, roadworks most of the way. Anyway 30mins later I get into the city and am lost again so ask at a servo. He says I need to get onto this bridge so off I go again and get lost again. Still bumper to bumper traffic and now I have been rooting around for an hr. Ask a few cab drivers as I am filtering through. One finally knows what I am on about and says follow me I am going there so I do and another 30mins later in shit traffic I get to stadium.

It has taken me almost 2 hrs and I am pissed off.
Find some food and then go to pub next door and have 2 pots to calm down.
Meet a couple of guys and eventually tell them the story how lost I got. And they tell me to get home just go up this road turn right and follow to the end and I will be back onto Hume again.
Ok.

Park the bike away a fair bit as it has a sign saying drop off only area.
I park on footpath a good block away and tucked out of view almost.

So see concert, meet another young fella who is sitting next to me.
Stones just didn't do much for me. They performed well but I just didn't get excited. Dunno.
Anyway end of show he gives me same instructions to get home. Ok see ya.

I get to my bike and I've been booked for parking on the footpath.
Didn't look at it till I got home I was so pissed off. It was $100 fine.

Anyway head off and can't get onto this frikking road they pointed to so go round back and lose it. Now lost again at 12 midnight. No one around to ask for help, not happy. Find a servo, they can't help me, try ph navigator but can't work it out from that either.

Ride off and find a couple of guys on on a seat on the footpath having a pizza. Ride up on footpath, park bike ask for help, they have no idea either, so I am about the gently go of the drop of the footpath to get back on road and this big fat guy comes staggering out of the pizza shop so drunk he couldn't stand, all over the place.
I have one wheel about to go down the gutter and I say watch yaself. As soon as I say that he looks up at me and does this huge fall towards me at a million miles an hour. Ten ton Tommy is about to crash into the back of my bike.

I manage to just get the bike down the gutter and away but as I do I go across other side of road and oncoming car starts beeping his horn and nearly collects me. If I didn't get away this guy would have knocked the bike down, guaranteed. I get the hell outta there wondering what the f*** just happened.

I'm a shaking wreck by this stage.
Go to another servo get petrol to make sure I don't run out of gas with the lucky run I am having, a Lebo guy rocks up and I ask him and he knows and says to just keep driving down the road I'm on and then it will get onto Hume.
I do and it does, I finally get back to motel at around 1am.

Next morning I decide I might pass on Canberra, Snowies as I just can't go through getting lost again!

Straight back home down Hume. Good ride took me a few hrs to get back in swing again and made it back safe n sound.

The End

RE: My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - Toecutter - 16-11-2014

RE: My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - Kendo - 16-11-2014

RE: My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - DjPete - 16-11-2014

Motto is get a navigator and set it up properly or know where you are going.
Apart from that, great trip.
The fine I can live with. It was just when it was married up with everything else it got to me.

RE: My Sydney Rolling Stones Run - Long version - simmo - 16-11-2014