Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
New Owner - Finally! - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: New Members Introductions and S&R (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: New Members Introduce yourselves here (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Thread: New Owner - Finally! (/showthread.php?tid=22102)

New Owner - Finally! - Boxbussa - 25-09-2014

Hello,

A little about my self I live in Melbourne in the easter suburbs 35 years old, job, wife 2yr old boy, golden retriever - I am leaving the dream!

I've had a couple of bikes before this one.
Started riding on a VT250 Spada a little V-Twin some years ago then upgraded to a Kwaka ZX636.
Something happen and for a few years I was bike-less just lost interest I guess.
Then about a year ago I bought a HD just a 883 Sportster for cruising. It was a nice bike and it served its purpose. However recently I started thinking other bikes.... I looked at a 2012 HD Nightrod.

I went down to the dealer and had a look at one one thing led to another and I was sitting at the desk $27,000 was the proposed ride away price. I looked around second hand and found a nice low km 2012 model saving a lot of the proposed price.
Made an appointment with the dealer selling the bike went down there, had a look. Nice looking bike started it up and nearly fell off! It sounded like poo!

Went home bike-less again and started thinking....Hayabusa and this is how it started.

Back in the day some time in late 1998 I worked part time at a Service Station perks of the job were unlimited ice cream, pies and reading cover to cover any new Picture, People and bike magazines!

One particular Magazine had a 4 page write up about a bike that could do 340kms! It was copper/silver in colour.... I was blown away, I quickly ran to the fridge got another chocolate paddle pop and sat down reading!!!

My love affair begun, ever since then every time bike talk came up I spoke about this machine.

Then last week whilst looking at overpriced Nightrods (Seriously that's the name) I thought to myself why not just buy a Hayabusa!
Jumped on bike sales found a dealer selling a brand new 2013 in white.
Price seemed good. Called the guy up made an appointment the next morning went down there and bought it. Rode it home that morning after registration and a quick PD.

I was shit scared getting it home, Mode C selected, new tyres light rain....
Sitting on the freeway at a 100 I fell in love. It was smooth, stable the riding position was awesome I felt safe!
First ride was out through the Dandenong's out to Healsville. Mind you I've been riding a 240kg cruiser for a year before this bike.
First impression of this bike is that it's stable, powerful, comfortable, it stops and has rode presence!
I am running it in so no revy revy past 5,000 rpm. Mind you I am no expert by any means and cursing this thing around under 5,000 rpm is more than enough bike for me :)

This forum looks like a great source of information and discussion.
I plan to respect that throttle and really learn about this motorcycle. I am safe rider and a very proud one at that!

Sorry about the long post. I just realised I am blabbing on.

See you out there.

Lukas

RE: New Owner - Finally! - Batfink - 25-09-2014

You got bite by the bug a long time ago, just didn't know it lol

Welcome to the family dude

RE: New Owner - Finally! - Hayabusabike - 26-09-2014

Welcome mate and enjoy. Don't be to concerned about keeping it to "5000" revs while running her in. As long as you keep her smooth and vary the revs (don't labor her) you'll be right. You should see what suzuki do to her back at the factory!

I've had 5 of the big girls and currently have the black version of yours :)

Woody

RE: New Owner - Finally! - Kendo - 26-09-2014

Welcome Lukas,
Enjoy your new ride matePi_thumbsup

RE: New Owner - Finally! - Shordy - 26-09-2014

Welcome aboard Lukas.
No turning back now.
After the sporty, I suggest you hang on REAL tight when you finally get to see 11,000 rpm.

RE: New Owner - Finally! - Batfink - 26-09-2014

BTW... 4900 rpm in 6th gear is about 150kph as I found out... on private roads of course ;)

RE: New Owner - Finally! - mozzie26 - 26-09-2014

Don't be to light on the throttle! This is the run in procedure I use.

http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

RE: New Owner - Finally! - Aussie Steve - 26-09-2014

Welcome...you will soon find out what the hump is for when you wring its neck!

Ps private roads? Tony....hahahahaha!

RE: New Owner - Finally! - mozza24 - 26-09-2014

Welcome Lukas good first post dude Pi_thumbsup

RE: New Owner - Finally! - Dale - 27-09-2014

Welcome Lukas,

Good intro mate .. Pi_thumbsup. My love affair started much the same way and time as yours. I spotted that copper / silver beast in a bike mag and just had to have one. Nearly 10 years later I joined the Hayabusa owner ranks and you still can't get that smile off my face. I'm now on my 2nd ..
Enjoy her mate, hope to catch up with you some day .. Biker

RE: New Owner - Finally! - wayneb60 - 27-09-2014

welcome lukas you will find this will be 1 of the best bikes you will ever own
& much better than any HD you ever owned
cheers wayne

RE: New Owner - Finally! - Boxbussa - 27-09-2014

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.

Can't wait to get out there and enjoy this thing.

RE: New Owner - Finally! - Batfink - 27-09-2014

Best way to enjoy it is a weekend at Tathra......

You will meet a lot of other riders that love the same thing you do

RE: New Owner - Finally! - Volvi - 28-09-2014

WTG Lucas, have a read of my story and love affair with the bike in Website History Page

Still got it 15 yrs on with no plans to sell, even tho I have recently got into a love affair with HD's Night Train.