Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
the next time you nail it at the lights.. - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: the next time you nail it at the lights.. (/showthread.php?tid=21280)

the next time you nail it at the lights.. - BikerBoy - 23-12-2013

Good to know my Busa can apparently hit 93km/h in an 80 zone..... taking off from a set of lights, at a major intersection I stop at every single day. :undecided

Never thought I'd ever get a speeding fine for exceeding the speed limit by 13km/h .....taking off from a standstill at a red light!!

I intend to review the photo's.......I often nail it from those lights....I know busa's are quick....but 93km/h from one side of an intersection to the other???

RE: the next time you nail it at the lights.. - jamdonut - 23-12-2013

Man that's not what you want, a ticket before Christmas, I don't think the busa can go that quick on a normal intersections between two points.

RE: the next time you nail it at the lights.. - Batfink - 23-12-2013

Sorry to say that they will biker... But damn boy you gotta be pushing it to get there in 15-40 meters (depending on lane numbers)

You better get ur ass Dow to the drags with that kind of start

Some questions to ask....
Most pic speed cams take 5 consecutive pic which you can demand every pic before and after (up to 10 pic in order)
Measure intersection and develop def stats... 0-95 kph records... 0-40 meter times

RE: the next time you nail it at the lights.. - Aussie Steve - 23-12-2013

Yes 0 to f%&* where did my licence go? in two or three heartbeats.

RE: the next time you nail it at the lights.. - BikerBoy - 23-12-2013

(23-12-2013, 06:25pm)Batfink Wrote: Sorry to say that they will biker... But damn boy you gotta be pushing it to get there in 15-40 meters (depending on lane numbers)

You better get ur ass Dow to the drags with that kind of start

Some questions to ask....
Most pic speed cams take 5 consecutive pic which you can demand every pic before and after (up to 10 pic in order)
Measure intersection and develop def stats... 0-95 kph records... 0-40 meter times
just used google maps to measure and it's a 40m wide intersection.

Tried to find 0-100km/h vs distance travelled times...but nothing.

RE: the next time you nail it at the lights.. - Belzybob - 23-12-2013

Played with some figures, but brain isn't sharp enough tonight to resolve it.

According to an article on fastest bikes, a 2010 Gen II can do 0-60 mph in 2.6 seconds, which is about 96 kmh.

At 30kmh (8.33 m/sec) it would take 4.8 secs to cover 40 metres
At 60 kmh (16.66 m/sec) it would take 2.4 secs
At 100 kmh (27.77 m/sec) it would take 1.4 secs

So taking a BBP averaged time of about 2.8 secs, then a maximum acceleration take-off could unfortunately have hit that 93 kmh. If there are any math whizzes around, then maybe they can refine those figures.

RE: the next time you nail it at the lights.. - BikerBoy - 23-12-2013

math wizz? Free online acceleration calculators are fast and fun. Lol3

distance travelled: 40m
change in velocity from 0: 93km\h
time used: 3.1 sec
acceleration: 8.33 m/s**2
acceleration related to gravity: 0.8g

I'm finding this quite hilarious actually.

In (just about to hit) 80,000ks, I got my first ever speeding fine on the Busa,
from taking off at a red light at an intersection.....and I was still only in 1st gear! Lol2

RE: the next time you nail it at the lights.. - Belzybob - 23-12-2013

So my 'Best Bum Pluck' figure wasn't so far out.

It could have been worse, you might have had a rolling start!

RE: the next time you nail it at the lights.. - Camel - 24-12-2013

Don't worry Bikerboy, I did it myself at the bell tower lights on Riverside Drive in Perth. Didn't know whether to congratulate or kick myself!

RE: the next time you nail it at the lights.. - GRUNTMAX - 24-12-2013

So called "Safety Camera" or "Speed Camera" ? ;

.pdf   RTA Fact Sheet-SafetyCameras - Copy.pdf (Size: 142.52 KB / Downloads: 4)

All good, however, when there is a "Semi Trailer" up your arse, you've got not choice. What are your options ? Run the red, or get done for speeding, or, off to the City Morgue because you stopped for the Red & copped a Semi up the arse !

RE: the next time you nail it at the lights.. - Belzybob - 24-12-2013

(24-12-2013, 12:49am)Camel Wrote: Don't worry Bikerboy, I did it myself at the bell tower lights on Riverside Drive in Perth. Didn't know whether to congratulate or kick myself!

Sounds like you need a custom plate...........

RE: the next time you nail it at the lights.. - Pommie - 24-12-2013

Bugger :( I'm on my last chance and commute to work daily on mine to the Gold Coast through the Hinterland 100km round trip and its real hard pulling my horns in.