Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
New Bridgestone 014 front and 020 rear - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: New Bridgestone 014 front and 020 rear (/showthread.php?tid=2002)

Pages: 1 2

New Bridgestone 014 front and 020 rear - pan - 19-08-2005

I got my new tyres at Neil's yesterday (Eastern Creek). Good service and good price. Does discounts for Busa club members too...

Any advice on how to ride now that the tyres are new?
Do I just ride as though it's wet for a week, a month or longer? Is there any way to wear them in quicker? Should I just do what I do at the drags next week, or take it easy?

"sometimes, crime does pay"
<i></i>

Re: New Bridgestone 014 front and 020 rear - Volvi - 20-08-2005

take bike in house and just do a few burnouts on the lounge room carpet shud clean the tyre nicely. <i></i>

Re: New Bridgestone 014 front and 020 rear - BUSGO - 20-08-2005

Pan,
My suggestion is 100 ks with lots of carefull work to the edge of your leaning limit would be enough to scrub them in.
A ride from Marrickville to Wollongong or the Central Coast would be a good excuse to get out for the day.
Tell the missus it is Safety 1st dear and it must be done...

Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>

Re: New Bridgestone 014 front and 020 rear - Rey - 20-08-2005

I just took mine to a track day the day after putting my new ones on. They came up perfect. <i></i>

Re: Re: New Bridgestone 014 front and 020 rear - rocket rod 7777 - 21-08-2005

Yeah the trick is to get them nice and warm first before putting any real pressure on them.Bridgestone actually recommends to do about 160km before pushing them,but i have found that you can scrub them in way before that.Best to get on a twisty road and start of slow and gradually increase pace. Phuck its the phantom!<i></i>

Re: Re: New Bridgestone 014 front and 020 rear - pan - 21-08-2005

Just had a whacky (and unlikely) idea. SHould I run them with less pressure (maybe 20) for a couple of days, therefore getting wear closer to edges without worrying about leaning too far on a new tyre?
"sometimes, crime does pay"
<i></i>

Re: Re: New Bridgestone 014 front and 020 rear - rocket rod 7777 - 22-08-2005

Your right Pan it is a wacky idea. Just run them at normal pressures and take it easy for a few kays,they arnt that bad,just remember to be aware that you have new tyres on thats all. Phuck its the phantom!<i></i>

Re: Re: New Bridgestone 014 front and 020 rear - simmo - 23-08-2005

I have bridgestone 014 front and 020 rear by 200
Pan your wacky idea, i might try and drop the pressure down for the drags this week and see how it goes
Cheers Robert

".... Just when I was getting used to yesterday, "along comes today!!...."<i></i>

>Re: More Grip - simmo - 23-08-2005

Far out thanks that was close the chain is very close and may have lost the hugger also
i have dropped the rear to 20 psi now i will see if i can make it there <i>Edited by: simmo at: 24/8/05 4:54 pm
</i>

Re: More grip - BUSGO - 23-08-2005

Simmo, just in case you weren't joking about dropping the pressure in your 020 rear for the drags, Just check the clearance between tyre edge and chain before you go for some speed.
You might end up in a mess.
The expert dragsters might correct me here but I would think a lower pressure would widen the profile until the centrifugal force kicks in to bring the tyre back into shape.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>

Re: >Re: More Grip - spamanglenn - 17-03-2006

I have this combo on my bike.The rear is a 200 and they don,t feel matched.The front wants to tip in and back doesn,t.Probably good for the drags and 2 up touring as the load is spread over a wide rear footprint.Shithouse if you want to actually tip in fast.I had 020,s on my viffer on my first track day on it and could not get the bike over.diablos on the second track day were a massive improvement the best feedback i,ve ever had front and back on any tyre to this day.They dried out though and eventually sqiurrelled coming into corners,great for laying rubber coming out.I did a superbike school at wakefield park and was following dad and watched him lay a 2cm line for about 60metres with the busa.Perhaps a 020 front would balance out the rear because the 014 is alot pointier than the 020.Horses for courses I suppose. <i></i>

Re: >Re: More Grip - scoot1300 - 09-04-2006

I thought about fitting a 200 the rear of my K2 but I thought I might come across clearance issues. Is it a good fit. I ended up fitting Bridgestone 014's both front and rear.
I have found them to be a really good tyre. It took about 100km to scrub them in. <i></i>

Re: >Re: More Grip - BUSGO - 10-04-2006

Scoot,
I have had a 200 section BT014 on my bike and the clearance is fine as long as the rear wheel is straight. Any missalignment will show up by the tyre edge touching the chain.
I prefer a BT020 x 190 though combined with a BT014 front.
You get about 10,000 Ks out of this combo with good and safe but not the best traction.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>

Re: >Re: More Grip - Spearo - 08-05-2006

The 020 are meant to have a harder compound in the center of the tyre with it being softer towards the edges.

Anyone noticed a better wear resistance on these???

<i></i>

Re: >Re: More Grip - pan - 10-05-2006

I've taken mine to the drags and done lots of city riding so far.
Seems to be wearing better than the Dunlop 208 I had before!
10.742 @ 219.69kph<i></i>