Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
suspension settings - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: suspension settings (/showthread.php?tid=1896)

Pages: 1 2

suspension settings - jessie928 - 11-04-2005

Gidday

Joshinthecity, your always writing about how well your bikes suspension setup is now that you got it all adjusted by the professionals, how about posting up teh adjustments so we can all be enlightened and have a play?

did you get any revalving done? or did they just set preloads and adjust compression and dampning?

Cheers,
Jes
If there is something wrong with it, the solution is always " MORE HORSEPOWER"<i></i>

Re: suspension settings - rocket rod 7777 - 11-04-2005

There is no one correct setting for everybody.It depends on your weight and your riding style.Best thing to do is start from the std settings and go from there. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp but rather to skid in sideways, no money left, ciggie in one
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp hand, favourite drink in the other, body thoroughly used up,
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Totally worn out, and screaming 'WOW... What a ride!'"
<i></i>

Suss pension settings. - BUSGO - 11-04-2005

I agree with Rocket here.
I only weigh 75kgs and actually had to back off the rear shocky 1 notch on both settings to soften it up a bit because I was bouncing around all over the road when hitting the standard NSW bumps.
It is now very predictable and smooth.
I suspect the standard settings would suit someone about 15kgs heavier than me.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>

Re: Suss pension settings. - jessie928 - 11-04-2005

Guys,

The weight comments are obviously correct, but its interesting to see what people have got set at different weights.

when the adjustments have been done by pro's is always good to get some information as to how they were set up.

also my bike is setup alot differently height wise and lengthwise so this will hve affects also.

Jes

If there is something wrong with it, the solution is always " MORE HORSEPOWER"<i></i>

Re: Suss pension settings. - BUSGO - 11-04-2005

I've ridden a few bikes setup by the "PROs" and have found they tend to be set too hard for day to day riding because they are used to track riding more than roadwork.
I'm generalising here and of course not all PROs set bikes up the same do they. You need to compromise between hard cornering and soaking up the bad surfaces.
A hard rear end on a bad corner can throw you straight into the oncoming traffic.
Rgds BUSGO
(Then again a hard rear end on a groupie can throw you straight into a spin)

<i></i>

Fugen pisser - GDYUP - 11-04-2005

"a hard rear end on a groupie can throw you straight into a spin"

Love your work Bugso.

Are you sure your not from Victoria??? <i></i>

Re: Fugen pisser - new interpretation - AstroBusa - 11-04-2005

Busgo.... All I can say is.... sorry.

I've ridden a few mattresses setup by the "PROs" and have found they tend to be set too hard because they are used to hard riding more than sleeping.
I'm generalising here and of course not all PROs set mattresses up the same do they. You need to compromise between feng sway and soaking up the wet spots.
A hard rear end on a bad mother can throw you straight onto the carpet.

Don't you hate to be mis-quoted !!

Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>

Re: Fugen pisser - new interpretation - BUSGO - 11-04-2005

Yeah ASTRO I do it all da time to others...

No - I'm not Victorian but I did live on Barry Rd in COOLAROO for about 2 years during my RAAF days. Slogged away in VIC Barracks.
I remember my old haunts on St Kilda Rd well but could not attract the groupies on a RAT RD400.

<i></i>

Re:Suss Pension settings - BUSGO - 11-04-2005

Sorry Jess.
Let's get back to suspension settings.
If you've got a hard front end it may also need some TWEEKING
The most important thing up front is to keep both sides equally balanced... and only tweek a little bit at a time or you'll go blind.

Rgds BUSGO

<i></i>

Re: Re:Suss Pension settings - 1hotBUSA - 17-05-2005

Interesting comment about the standard settings there Busgo, from what i have experienced setting the bike to the standard make it really really really soft, like Ron Jeremy on an off day. The thing is built to accomodate 50kg japs so we caucasians are pretty much screwed.

Suspension setting can be broken down into a few major steps which are better discussed on a latte night.

At least it aint a honda, the bulk of those are not adjustable.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA<i></i>

Re: Re:Suss Pension settings - BUSGO - 17-05-2005

What can I say Graham.
Some like it hard, some like it soft but I don't think the busa was designed for 50kg Japs.
But I do agree we should discuss this in Pan's shed one day with Simmo's Pizza and Blackzook's groupies.
I'll bring the popcorn.

<i></i>

Re: Re:Suss Pension settings - Blackzook - 17-05-2005

<i></i>

Re: Re:Suss Pension settings - rocket rod 7777 - 18-05-2005

Yeah ,you dont need as many suspension setting on a honda because they are pretty close to start off with.No need to adjust perfection. <i></i>

Re: Re:Suss Pension settings - jessie928 - 19-05-2005

yeah, they are purfect, if you ride like an old bat....

Re: Re:Suss Pension settings - 1hotBUSA - 22-05-2005

Quote:Yeah ,you dont need as many suspension setting on a honda because they are pretty close to start off with.No need to adjust perfection.

That's when they are new.........what happens when they get older. And the 50kg Jap statement comes from the fact they race Busas in Japan and they are piloted by kids basically. It's that Kamikaze instinct I think.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA<i></i>