Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Pirelli Diablo Corsa - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Pirelli Diablo Corsa (/showthread.php?tid=1861)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Pirelli Diablo Corsa - peter altas - 27-05-2003

Being very nervous of riding in the wet (since dropping), and getting caught out occasionally, wet weather grip is very important to me (general all round grip is a must have).

The BT56J's last me between 6000-8000 km's. Seem about right for the Corsa's?

Ron Balls raved about them last ride day. Considering trying them.

The front end seems light sometimes (just how I percieve it, might be doing something else) as I'm heading into and going through a corner. Is this the tyres or suspension? Front is stock setting, rear has been softened a little. Not a nice feeling anyway.
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>

Re: Pirelli Diablo Corsa - peter altas - 28-05-2003

Just visited Ron at Balls Workshop. Those Pirelli Diablo Corsa's are what he's running and they look excellent. He reckons they've got 10% longer wear and 70% better grip than the stock Briggies, and for not that much more.

If a man with his riding experience has his pick of basically any tyre he wants, and he uses them, they've gotta be good.

Same thing also Bigshow, he's waiting for the Super Corsa's aswell. Seemed pretty anxious/excited about their release.
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>

Re: Pirelli Diablo Corsa - kamakazebusa - 29-05-2003

A friend of mine went to the the Australian release of the diablo's and thought they were excellent. (mind you , this guy works for metzeler tyres. which is actually owned by the pirelli company) He said the diablo super corsa's stuck to the track just as good as slicks, due to it's high silica content but still retained good overall wear....

Only ever used metzeler M1 on the bus, don't like the way bridgies or dunlops feather up on the sides, and as far as michelin is concerned I don't even bother.
Don't get much life out of them (3-4000 klms) and if i go to the track i'll put slicks on instead....

Anxious to try the new diablo's......I guess I'll find out soon enough, bout time for a rolling burnout methinks...!!!!! <i></i>

How to do rolling burnouts..... - peter altas - 29-05-2003

Wanna give me some tips there Kamakaze?
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>

Step 1.....The Art of the Rolling burnout. - kamakazebusa - 29-05-2003

Kamakaze's easy guide to a rolling burnout.....

1. Roll along in 1st gear
2. Grab front brake slightly
3. Lean forward and fan the clutch
4. Rev to 8000rpm and release brake

Voila....instant rolling burnout....( pics soon to follow )......

Cheers...Paul <i></i>

Re: Step 1.....The Art of the Rolling burnout. - peter altas - 30-05-2003

step 4/ release brake or clutch??

if brake, do you have to maintain feathering the clutch, or is it maintain some front brake and release clutch?

Looks cool when done (as do mono's). These are the two things I must learn to do. (ashame that they both rip the shit out of tyres though)
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>

Re: Step 1.....The Art of the Rolling burnout. - kamakazebusa - 30-05-2003

One more time for the dummies........

You got it right the second time,

Step 3. When you actually fan the clutch, you are really grabbing it and releasing quickly (like you do when you change gear)you only need to do it once to brake wheel traction

Step 4. Release brake slowly (the amount of front braking determines how fast the rolling burnout goes. keep the revs up so it doesn't stall or grip too much)

Good luck..... <i></i>

Re: Pirelli Diablo Corsa - bigshowbusa - 16-06-2003

Just a heads up to anyone thinking about Diablo Corsa's
I've done about 3500km on the front and about 2000km on the rear, most advisable to run them in a matched set...you could say that about any tire and I've ran with many mis-matched sets before however it is most noticable on the diablos.

Also compared to the Dragon Super Corsa, they take a while longer to heat up, but once you're there they're almost as good... <i></i>

Re: Pirelli Diablo Corsa - peter altas - 18-06-2003

This months "twowheels" mag has a three page write up on the Diablo corsa's. Very good.

They were designed as a matched set and should be bought as such, especially for wet weather as the front clears the water for the rear (note the rear has minimal grooves in the centre). They raved about them in the mag.

If I had a scanner I'd post the article. If anyone's interested, I'd suggest reasing this issue.

The diablo's were also designed as a three tyre series. The diablo's for road, the diablo corsa's for road/track and the diablo super corsa's for track. Diablo Super corsa's offering more dry grip, diablo's more wet grip, and the diablo corsa's are somewhere in the middle.
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>

Re: Pirelli Diablo Corsa - bigshowbusa - 18-06-2003

interesting post peter...
note, the above issue of the mag may be difficult to obtain as it was out around the middle of last month...

(hostilities aside) I'd be careful not to confuse marketing bullsh*t with real world experiences
The diablo corsa's are vgood tyres utilising the latest technology etc...not saying that two wheels (/performance streetbike) is necessarily compromised but you've gotta be sceptical whenever the company being reviewed has a full page ad on the next page...

re: matched sets, the (wet weather) design of the diablo's is sound in theory but in practical application there's little (if any) detectable difference in straightline rear wet grip...if anything due to the (small) slick area centre they spin up like nobody's business. Obviously when cornering the front and rear are on different lines, so the front can clear as much water as it likes the rear is not going to see the benefit …by no means shockers in the wet, but no holy grail either.

All manufacturers advise the use of matched tyres etc, no doubt because they want to sell product...although you'll rarely have a problem, the difference here is due to the radically steep angle of the side of the tyre...(allegedly) good for side grip but (in my opinion) tends to understeer when you stand it up, a problem potentially compounded with a non-diablo rear.

bollocks aside for a busa:
Diablo = Good for doing donuts
Diablo Corsa = Good for the street

...but they won't see a racetrack again on my bike...

eagerly awaiting impressions from persons who have used diablos on a busa <i></i>

Re: Pirelli Diablo Corsa - peter altas - 19-06-2003

Totally agree with you there bigshow, but i can only go by what i read. shit, i'm still using the bt56j's!!

Ron Solomon at Balls convinced me to get the Diablo corsa's when we had a chat a few weeks back. The mag just added some strength to the decision. He's been using them and swears by them, but is also eagerly awaiting the arrival of the diablo super corsa's. As I'm only used to the bt-56's, I'm sure i'll be more confident and happier witht he pirelli's.

As for the matched pair/different cornering lines - the article does explain the whole story. The reason for the lack of grooves on the middle and extreme outside on the rear is that the front clears the water in a straight line, and no-one would fully bank in the wet, so more rubber was used for more grip in the dry. The front on the other hand is fully grooved.

Either way, they've got to be better than the stockies, and I havent heard any consistent reviews on any other tyre out there, so I'm gettin some Pirelli's.
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>

Re: Pirelli Diablo Corsa - demeester - 19-06-2003

I think I will stay with Pirelli, but haven't tried the Diablo Corsa yet. (I think I've got the last Dragons in Melb on my bike at the moment)... <i></i>

Re: Pirelli Diablo Corsa - Shortty57 - 22-06-2003

Had a look at the Pirelli web site.
Interesting fact the diablo is rated for the hayabusa but the Diablo Corsa isn't. <i></i>

Re: Pirelli Diablo Corsa - bigshowbusa - 23-06-2003

Peter...whatever you'll figure it out eventually

Just to clear up, the tyre rating is weight related not speed related...some have the luxury of not giving a sh*t bc they don't carry anywhere near the suggested 185kg passenger/luggage limit...those that do should perhaps take it into consideration.

cheers <i></i>

Re: Pirelli Diablo Corsa - GDYUP - 23-06-2003

And then some of us just weigh in at around 185 kilo's. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)
I stick to the "J" rating tyres because the big bad insurance companies scare me!!! :">
So another HPX is heading towards the rear rim this week.
Cheers, Phil. Riding not talking.
<i></i>